chapter 1

"You've got to be fuckin' kidding me.." he coldly remarks, banging angrily at the side of his radio when nothing but a strange static noise comes out. You nervously turn to look towards him, realizing the depth of your situation.

It's not like you wanted to be here, with him, stranded. It's also not like you could fight your attraction towards him. That icy demeanor and cold personality is enough to make any girl swoon. Unfortunately for the both of you, getting along with eachother was never in the book. Being placed on a mission with your grumpy lieutenant would later turn into the two of you alone, radio-less and disconnected from the rest of your team. You soon grew irritated at the level of unwanted animosity, turning to him fully with a huff. "Listen, there's nothing we can do about our radios or the rest of the team.." you began, trying to keep a level of respect with him but before you could continue, your very much pissed off lieutenant cut you off entirely. "Enough, y/n. I don't have time for your bullshit peptalk. You're the reason we're in this fuckin' mess!" He exclaimed angrily, dropping the radio then proceeding to rub his temples through his mask.

He wasn't exactly wrong and that's what pissed you off. The plan was simple, collect intel without drawing attention to yourself. The mission had gone smoothly when a minor mishap occurred, causing everything to go to shit. You thought you'd swoop the entire floor clean of any traps, guards or obstacles— until one wrong step took you down, stumbling over a tripwire. Your only job, and you managed to fuck that up. The building was alarmed immediately, causing immense disruption and better yet! A whole lot of attention.

Ghost groaned in annoyance, ordering you to grab anything that could be used as intel before the call of aborting the mission was announced. You frantically scrambled around the room, overwhelmed by the loud alarm blaring in your ear. All you managed to retrieve was a small chip inside of a nearby computer, quickly shoving it inside your pocket. "We need to move soldier. Now." Ghost ordered, now focused on trying to get out of the building. You nodded, attempting to get your thoughts straightened out. Gunfire could be heard up ahead which signaled to where the rest of your team might've been located. You and ghost approached the staircase quietly, listening for sound cue to proceed, without realizing it; enemy soldier had snuck up behind you. He took your distracted state as an opportunity to swing, hitting you in the back of the head with his weapon.

Ghost's heart nearly stopped, hearing the thud behind him. "Y/N-" he began before raising his own weapon immediately, firing a single shot to his head. Ghost's attention was on you completely, checking for any serious damage in your unconscious state. Luckily you weren't badly hurt, but you out cold in the midst of battle. Your lieutenant groaned in annoyance, at the same time, grateful that nothing serious had happened to you.

Because god forbid anything happened to you, nobody in that building would live to see another day. Not even his own team.