Chapter 22: Introducing Princess Ashabari

Story Unfolds:

At Royal Palace of Prayag:

A beautiful petite girl was looking at the Garland she chosen herself. She was of eighteen and quite aged than the young maidens to be married of. But she did not want to hurry to take the crucial decision of her own life. To her marriage had to be the matter of lifetime. Men, in Aryabart, were till now given chance to remarry again if they wanted to. But not girls. So they had to choose her life partner wisely. She wanted a man of consciousness yet with good looks and from higher caste. Her this desire to be married in a higher society had blacklisted her in the book of someone. She made a big mistake by not choosing one and the chance had been given ultimately to another one. She lost in the game of love for her urge to be a queen. She was none but beautiful yet so foolish Princess Ashavari of Prayag around whom our story from now onwards had to revolve.

   Rajkumari Ashavari of Prayag

She was the only daughter of King of Prayag who had no son. Her mother was loved by him. So also the was. He never thought of remarrying another woman even if he was provoked by his relatives and masses. He declared openly that his grandson would be his next King. For that unwanted reason this strong kingdom was in eyes of the most power-craving young Kings and Princes of India. Hastinapur Yuvraj Duryodhan, Sindhu King Jayadratha, Trigatha Naresh Sudharma and King of Chedi, Shishupal from the Bidarv Prince Rukmi (Elder brother of Lord Krishna's first wife Devi Rukshmini who opposed her marriage to him). By the way let us introduce the foolish Princess to all of you.

Princess Ashavari was not like those Princesses who wanted to marry the chocolate boy Arjuna. Girls all over India, from North to South, died just to have a single glimpse of him. From Subhadra to Manipur Kanya Chitra. From Snake Princess Ulupi to Kalinga Princess Bhanumati. It was true that she wanted her husband to be a good looking one, but she wanted him to be a worthy King or Prince. That was her only craving. It would not be bad if she was chosen by Prince Duryodhan instead of Princess Bhanumati. She at least would try to understand him unlike Bhanu. By the way, it was her destiny to cross path with one of the best Archer of India and Param Mitra of Prince Duryodhan, Anga Raj Karna himself.

"Ap kysi Bar ki kamna karte hain?!! (Which type of groom you want to have?!!)" She blushed hard whenever any Sakhi of her asked this.

"Aisi jisme samartha ho mere raksha karne ki. Joh keval darshandhari na ho. Jiska gun bhi Biswa main prasidh ho. Jiska naam hi paryapt ho uski parichay dene ke liye!!! (I want that type of groom who can save me from any danger or calamity. Who is not only good looking but will be well known among all men of whole India. Whose only name will be sufficient to remember him.)" Her wise answer. Unfortunately the girl herself was not so wise. You will see yourself later.

She prayed to have a humble person in her life. But she lost the great man. Due to her naivety and blind faith on her father's decision.
..............................