Chapter 32: Karna's refusal of Padma & Asha!!!

Story Unfolds :

At Royal Garden of Prayag:

The royal garden was full of trees. It had several trees Teak, oak, almond etc. That lavish kind of garden looked refreshing. It was been detached from the palace by a pond where ducks and geese swim around. Butterflies were flying around here and there. Animals were running freely here too.

A beautiful girl was sitting happily on a big stone bench. She was munching her end of the Saree absentmindedly. Her mind was racing fast. She was now dreaming to be united with her dream man. She did not know that her father had insulted him just now. She was Princess Ashavari herself.

      Princess Ashavari of Prayag

She was sitting alone. Upright. But her heart beat was increasing rapidly. She felt restless. Why her dream man was taking so long?!! She did not know a bit!!!

All of a sudden a man entered into the royal garden. His face was red in rage. Yet he seemed calm in his attitude. He came near her and stood erect. Calmly looking at her eyes.

She lifted her head towards his face and blushed hard. He was her dream man!!!

He asked her bluntly "Kya ap isi kshan mere sath jane main ichhuk ho?!! (Are you ready to go with me?!! In this very moment!!!)"

She looked at him. With awe. What was he talking about?!!!

"Agar ap hamse Prem karti hain toh kya ap isi kshan apke Pitashree ko tyag karke hamara sath jane ki icha rakhti hain?!! (If you really love me so tenderly, then will you leave your dear father behind?!! For me?!! And will come with me?!!)" He asked her firmly again. He was testing her. He wanted to know the depth of her love. Was it a love or infatuation for him of some kind?!!! He wanted her to go with him so that he could unite Yut with her!! That was all!! He was not in favor of accepting her a bit!!! Even for the possession of whole world!!! His world centred only one girl 'Padma'!!!

She sat down on the bench once more. Now she understood something had happened!!! It was not gone according to her little plan!! Her old father must have insulted him!!! She made a face and bit her lips in indecision. It was her signature style. This girl was too afraid to take hasty decision of her own life!!

"Apka uttar mujhe mil gaya!!! (I got your answer!!)" He smiled small in her and turned around. To go away. He had too!!! Royal guards were now running to captivate him!!!

She took his hand and clutched it too tightly. "Kya huwa?!! (What happened now?!!)" She asked in shock. Her voice trembled slightly. She was afraid!!! So unfortunately this girl was fearful type!!! She was scared of everything in her life!!!

"Apko ek Sut Putra se Bibah ki praatab rakhne se purv yeah sochna abasyak tha ki kya ho sakta hain!! (Just before giving your proposal to a low caste like me you have to think what can happen!!)" He snapped at her. Again.