Chapter 6: Together we will talk about it.

The next morning I woke up tired, it was already 1:00 PM and I was shocked when I realized I was in Jake's arms. He was still asleep and had his arms around me. I suddenly remembered what happened the night before, and now I also notice that I have a splitting headache. I groan and rub my head carefully so as not to wake Jake, I hear Killian walking towards me and I see that he has a glass of water and a paracetamol in his hand, gratefully I take it and put the paracetamol in my mouth and Immediately afterwards, throw the entire glass of water after it. That feels a lot better, but I really stayed up way too late and I'm still tired despite sleeping in. I sighed deeply. Jake was still asleep and I didn't dare move, so I leaned back against him and listened to his calm breathing, which quickly put me back to sleep.

When I woke up Jake was no longer next to me. I just saw Killian walking over with a plate of crackers and a glass of lemonade. I smiled. Killian sat down on the couch and stretched out. "So, did you sleep in a bit?" he asks. I nod as I take a big bite of a cracker. "Where's Jake?" I ask. "Going home." Killian says, I choke on my cracker and quickly take a sip of lemonade, which I immediately spit back into my glass because this is pure lemonade. Killian chuckles. "I thought you could use the energy, by the way, Jake is just getting some clothes for you and him." I rolled my eyes. I saw him smile. I blushed when I realized he had seen me and Jake sleeping like that. "I actually have to pick up my things at the orphanage, I didn't have much with me yesterday because I expected to just come back." I say. Killian nods. "I'll give you a ride." he said.

When we arrived we got out of the car. "Do you want me to come in?" he asks. "If that's what you want, that's fine with me." I answer. He nods and walks inside. When we walk through the corridors I hear people whooping and cheering at us, I'm terrified, they are all cast-offs without money just like me. I quickly walk towards my room, and when we get there I quickly grab all the things I need and that are valuable to me. Killian sits on my bed and looks around. "Is it to here?" he asks. I'm a bit shocked by his question, I've never really thought about it properly. "I'm not used to anything else, it's just everyone for themselves, it's actually nothing more than practical, every now and then someone leaves, but it's not very special or anything." I say, it probably sounds very sad and I add I add, "Not like I really care, it never really felt like home," I say. Killian nods. 'I think it's a bit cold here if you know what I mean. It's all so bare and sad.' he says honestly, I nod. There is a silence, I look at him and he gives me a small smile.

I nod at him and we walk to the door. He puts an arm protectively around me and there are cheers again. I look at them as they cheer happily for me, but each and every one of them looks tired and neglected, they all have an air of sadness about them, did I look like that to Jake? I wondered. I willingly let myself be guided to the car and get in, I lean back and close my eyes, I didn't expect it to be so... Intense. After all, I've lived there almost all my life. "Should I wait a little longer before driving away?" I hear Killian ask. I quickly shake my head: 'No, I want to get out of here as quickly as possible, can you please drive away?' he nods and I sigh with relief as soon as we drive away, but the tension is still there.

When we get far enough I say, "Killian, stop the car." He quickly pulls onto the shoulder and I quickly get out of the car and run to the nearest tree and start kicking it and banging my head, I shout it all out. I suddenly feel two strong arms grab me and I really collapse now, I drop down and lean against the tree, panting, while Killian still has me. After a few minutes he lets me go and says, "I'm going to call Jake." I sigh, "Why Jake?" My eyes are swollen and tired and they are almost closing. "Because you need him," he says as he starts calling, soon he finishes and sits next to me: "He'll be there as soon as possible, you could hear from his voice how worried he was." I look at him. "What added value does that have?" I ask him as I lean against him and close my eyes. "I think you know that very well," he says, pulling me against him. I'm half asleep until I hear a car and fast footsteps heading towards us.