Date Night

True to his word, Murtasim strutted into his bedroom sharp at 7.

His wife however, was nowhere to he seen.

"Meerab?" He called out

When he got no response he started to look around. The bathroom, the walk in wardrobe, the seating area outside his room, the kitchen but found nothing and no one.

He was just about to holler out for the staff to arrange a search party when she finally walked in.

By god was she worth the wait.

He swore he could feel time slowing down as he took her in.

The saree hung around her curves like it was made just for her. Her hair was let loose, her curls framed her face, accentuating her soft features even more. He was sure that her red lipstick was the work of the devil, tempting him to close the distance between them and take her right there.

Meerab looked up and gave him a smile that lit up the room

"Tum aa gaye? Sorry mai ma-begum ke kamre mai thi"
(Oh you're here, sorry I was in Ma Begum's room)

She walked over to him, oblivious to the effect she had on him. She was close enough that he could smell her scent now.

Jasmine. Of course...she was wearing the Gajre he got her.

"Meerab...tum" he whispered, unable to form the words
(Meerab...you look)

She looked at him confused.
"Kya.. mai achi nahi laag rahi? Makeup bhaut over laag raha hai?
Pata nahi mere dimag mai kya aa gaya hai.. har roz ki tarah he dress up karna chaiye tha-" she panicked and made her way to her vanity.

(What...is there something on my face? Oh no is the makeup too much? Damnit I knew I should've gone for a simpler look)

Murtasim was quick to pull her back, holding her wrist in a tight grip as he pulled her flushed against him.

"You look beautiful" he whispered against her lips.

"Really?" She squeaked. She hadn't worn something this fancy in a long time and she felt subconscious.

Murtasim couldn't have heard a more nonsensical statement.

" ek dam Hoor laag rahi ho" 
(Like an angel)

"Oh shut up!" She blushed

His hand came up to cup her cheek but she pulled back.

"Makeup karab ho jayega!"
(You'll ruin my makeup!)

" Jaan...aaj raat tak karab toh mai vaise bhi kar he duga" He smirked and let go.
(I am gonna ruin it by the end of this night anyway jaan)

Meerab gaped at him. "Besharam!"

"Only for you" with that he grasped her hand in his and led her to their car.

~~

"Murtasim ye cheating hai" Meerab complained
(Murtasim this was not part of the plan!)

30 minutes into their journey to Karachi her darling husband had decided to put a blindfold on her. Needless to say, she was not amused.

"Tum pure time mera suprise guess karte karte sara plan karab kar dogi" he replied calmly acting like watching her in a blindfold hadn't stirred up unwarranted desires in him.

(You kept making guesses about where we're going and I'm not going to let you ruin the surprise)

She huffed in annoyance. Her red lip forming into an adorable pout. Murtasim tried not to groan at the sight.