Birthday Shopping

Finally an update you guys! Praise the lord lol

~~

The Khan haveli was bustling with chaos and excitement.

The youngest member of the family, Meesam Murtasim Khan, turned 2 years old in just 2 days and only yesterday, her baba had decided to that they'd be hosting a grad celebration in her honour.

While it was true that the last minute plan was something the staff was definitely not so happy about, it was also true that they all loved and adored the little Khan princess. So they bared the longer hours and extra work to prepare for her special day.

Murtasim had turned nothing short of a party planner. The man was usually okay with delegating things like this to his dependable right hand man, Bhaktu. But he'd decided this party needed to be extra special.

With him incharge, the entire staff was on their toes, making sure their Khan's vision for the party was executed flawlessly.

So Meerab wasn't exactly surprised when she found her feudal-turned-bridezilla husband screaming at two poor workers.

"Ye flowers abhi lagana shuru kyu kar diya hai? Mehmaano ko 2 din purane phool dikhane hai? aur...aur ye yellow flowers kya hai? Haldi ka function ho raha hai? Meri beti ka birthday hai.. pink flowers chaiye muje PINK. Utaro inko!"

(Why have the flower decorations started now? Do you want to guests go see two day old flowers on the party? And why are these yellowB Are you guys out of your mind? PINK. I want Pink flowers. Take these off!)

While the young workers looked close to tears, Meerab couldn't help but snicker at her husband. He looked hilarious with his one hand on his wait and another one holding a clipboard.

Unintentional as it may have been, he seemed to have forgotten to play the role of a stoic feudal lord.

Meerab began walking up behind him and wordlessly gestured for the staff to leave, much to their relief. They had all but run off before she even reached him.

Her hands sneaked up behind the broad expanse of his back and finally rested on his shoulder.

He immediately knew who it was. His muscles visibly relaxed under his wife's touch.

Meerab raised to her tip toes so she could rest her chin on his shoulder.

"Khan sahab, party planning mai itna bhi mashroof na ho jaye ki apni princess ke baare mai bhool jaye. Subhe se apne baba ka intezaar kar rahi hai. Gussa hai aapse"

(Mr. Khan, don't get so tied up with work that you forget the star of the show hmm? Your princess has been looking for you all day. She's pretty mad that her baba ditched play time.)

Murtasim chuckled as he turned around.

"Itni badi ghustaki toh hum bilkul nahi kar sakte. Chale usko maane chale" he said, his tone laced with the same mirth as hers

(Well, now we can't have that can we? Let me go make it up to her)

Hand in hand, they made their way to the nursery.

The room had become Meesam's favourite but it had scarcely been slept-in.

Murtasim had been quick to realise that he didn't have the heart to spend the entire night away from Meesam and she didn't seem to fond of the idea either.

They'd decided to ease Meesam into concept sleeping in her own room, so for now the nursery was only used for daytime naps, play and occasional bedtimes.

They found Meesam sitting on the lap of the plush teddy bear. The giant toy almost completely engulfed her, making it her favourite cozy chair to sit in.