12. These Are For Joe.

Kirk's POV

I wake up pretty early. Couldn't sleep last night. After that "fun" night. God. I really didn't mean to walk in. I just was gonna say hey to James and ask him about his date. I was completely taken aback with Joe on top of him. I felt like a total cockblock.

I try to block out memories of that goddamn embarrassing night. I head to the kitchen to get some water and have a small breakfast. I walk in to hear someone in the kitchen. I expect it to be Cliff, since he's usually up at this time, but I'm very much surprised to see James pouring a glass of water.

"Oh. Hey."

All I get in response is the glass hitting the table.

"About last night-"

I'm gonna try and justify myself, but James just walks into me on his way to his room. He is definitely pissed.

"James. Come on man-"

His bedroom door slams.

God. He is so petty.

"God damn it." I sink into the chair in the living room. "This day is already shit."

I think to myself. Then I remember. "Joe!" She is probably feeling shitty. I quickly grab my stuff before running out the door.

I make my way to her house speed walking. I knock on her door once I arrive. This is going to be so awkward, but it needs to be done. She probably feels completely betrayed.

Amber opens the door.

"Oh hey! Is Joe-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" She cuts me off.

"Look, last night was a total mistake. Let me explain."

"I don't think Joe wants to see you right now dickhead."

"Come on. Let me explain please."

"Ugh." She doesn't say much after, just holds the door open. I take this as a yes.

I'm about to give all the details about last night, but then Joe walks in. She looks so tired and sad. Guilt consumes me.

"Joe..."

"Kirk? What are you doing here? Get the fuck out." She cuts straight to the point. Damn.

"Look Joe. It wasn't what you think." I try to move closer, but she turns her back.

"Kirk. Now isn't the time." She starts to walk back to her room.

I can't leave here without telling her what really happened. I follow her.

"Joe. It wasn't a set up. I thought he was going to come home alone. I didn't know it would be you." She sits on the end of the bed, keeping her head down in disappointment.

"Why did you come then? Why not James?"

Does she want to see James more than me? Whatever. I just want to make sure she is okay.

"I came because it's my fault Joe." I sit down next to her.

"I need to apologize. I want to apologize." She looks up at me. Tears streaming down her face.

"I was so embarrassed. You made me look like a slut. I am not some groupie for your dumb ass band."

I wipe her tears. "Joe..don't say that."

She doesn't say anything. She bursts out crying and burrows her face into my chest.

"I'm so dramatic. I-I-I just feel so betrayed..." She sniffs in between her words.

She looks back up at me. We just stare at each other. I can see the resentment and mixed feelings in her eyes. I feel so guilty.

Before I know it, she starts to lean in. We start to lean in.

We kiss.

Passionately. My hands hold the back of her head. I stroke her hair. She places her hand on my shoulder. After a few seconds she pulls away abruptly.

She's crying?

"I can't do this. We can't do this."

"Joe... I am so sorry..."

"No, it's fine. It was just so overwhelming. You should go."

"I should go." I get up, her back is facing me.

So many mixed emotions. I loved that kiss. Did it mean anything to her though...?

I storm out of the room. Overwhelmed. Unsure if I fixed anything or made things worse.

I open the door, but I bump into someone.

I look up, but before I can apologize my jaw drops.

"James?"

"What the fuck."

"Look man, it's not what you think." Man I must look like a total prick. I see he has a small bouquet of flowers.

He shoves the bouquet in my direction, pushing it into my chest. I stumble backwards from his aggression.

"These are for Joe."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 200 READS WHAT??? Thank you guys so much it means a lot to see people adding this to reading lists and voting on our chapters WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT❤️ Also #2 in #jameshetfield what????? Love u guys

-P+S