11. So That's Why You Care.

James' POV

I briskly walk back to my place, partially because of the cold, partially because of my need to have my lips back on hers.

I take her fast pace as a mutual agreement.

The rest of the band should be out doing who knows what, so the house is empty. And we'll be alone.

I show her to the door making sure all the lights are out. They are.

We barely make it to the door before she speaks.

"Hey are you sure nobody's here?" Fuck. She can't look at me like that.

I pull her flush against me and we start making out. We disconnect for a second so I can reassure her that nobody's home.

With one hand in her hair I dig in my back pocket for my keys, cursing into her mouth when I can't find them.

"Let me help you with that." She sticks her hand into the back pocket of my jeans, finding them. Woah where did this bold side of her come from?

We fumble with the keys, eventually managing to open the door before it's pushed open and haphazardly shut and locked behind us.

Without parting she pushes my jacket off of her shoulders letting it fall to the floor with a soft thud. She walks me backwards until I feel the backs of my knees hit the armrest of the couch.

She grabs my shirt, pushing me onto the couch. I don't know where this confidence is coming from but no way in hell am I complaining.

She positions her knee in between my legs, a quiet groan leaving my lips before I have to stop to catch my breath. She looks at me, a loving look in her eyes.

I kiss her again and she slips her hand under my shirt, her fingers lightly grazing over my abs. I reach for the hem of my shirt, the need to be closer to her almost unbearable.

I start pulling my shirt upwards when the lights flick on. There's a horrified look on her face.

I sit up to see Kirk awkwardly standing in the kitchen scratching his head.

Fuck. Why couldn't it be Lars?

I'm about to tell him to fuck off when I feel her weight lift off of my body.

She reaches for the door, unlocking it. I scramble to my feet.

She turns around. Is she...angry?

"You knew he was here."

"What? Joe- no I-"

"I need to get out of here." She leaves, slamming the door behind her with tears in her eyes.

I remember that Kirk's behind me.

"So that's why you care."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Ok really short and just a bit different than the rest so far. What do we think? Yeah or no? Also if you know us no you don't. 🥰
-P+S