29. Hetfield Hasn't Changed.

Kirk's POV

"Thank you that will be $10.75."

I grab the coffees and breakfast muffins from the barista after handing them the money. The tour has been going so well. We have an early meeting with management to decide what direction we want for the rest of the tour. I have a feeling things are looking good for us in the future. James has been less difficult, we are gaining so much popularity, and all the shows have been going smoothly.

I finally make it back to the hotel room, but my good mood is totally shut down after seeing Cliff and James' vibe.

"Hey... guys... I brought breakfast!

"Are you serious?!"

"I think it's a good thing, you know how much money we'll be getting?"

"That's not what I want! I hate fucking working with him, that's why we kicked him out?! "

"Um, am I missing something?" I set down my stuff.

"Management said that Dave is in town and thinks it would be good marketing to get him to go to one of our shows..."

"What?!"

"Right! It so fucking dumb, you guys dont know what he is like. I have known him longer than anyone here and he isn't just some normal dick, he's a fucking headache."

James sinks into his chair. I can tell he is pissed.

"Look, just eat something. Maybe we can talk to management."

I was about to hand him the muffin until Cliff had to say something.

"It'll be fine! He can't be the same person. What if he changed, just give him a chance."

"Are you crazy?! We gave him too many already. He is crazy selfish and fucking violent, and I don't want that around Joe, especially in her condition."

"Condition?"

What condition? James is keeping something from us again.

Cliff chokes on the smoke from his joint. "Umm..."

Something isn't right. They know something I don't.

"What the fuck is going on? Is Joe ok? What condition?! Cliff, what do you know?"

James quickly stands up and turns to Cliff

"Yeah, Cliff. What DO you know?!

"James maybe you should share, since you love keeping secrets."

"Cliff what the fuck?" James gets up in his face.

He takes another puff before responding, blowing the smoke into Jame's face.

"Look, I only took her to the doctors because she asked."

"Doctors?! What's going on, is Joe ok?!"

"So you know!?"

"Yes dipshit!"

"Why the fuck would she take you and not me?!"

"Don't take your anger out on me damn! It's not my fault she doesn't want it!"

"DOESN'T WANT WHAT?!"

"SHE'S PREGNANT." They spit out in unison.

Fuck man everything was going so smoothly... Maybe bringing in Dave isn't such a good idea right now.

"What are we going to do about the tour? What about Dave?"

They're about to respond to my question when we all look to the door swinging wide open. Dave barges in, Lars following close behind, struggling with all of Dave's bags. They both look like shit.

I see James tense up next to me as his hands form fists at his sides.

"Well I guess we don't have a fucking choice." James says before making a beeline for the door, purposefully shoving into Dave before slamming it behind him.

Lars drops Dave's stuff on the floor.

"God. What did you fucking pack?" He doubles over trying to catch his breath.

Dave plops down on the bed. Somebody's making himself at home.

"Glad to see Hetfield hasn't changed."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Oh my god it's been way too long (and this chapter is way too short). Sorry but there aren't many chapters left💔 We have some of the next chapter planned out so get ready for that soon (for realsies this time) Also, we hit #1 in Kirk Hammett wtf???? 😭Thank you guys so much! 

-P+S