Chapter 18

Ava's POV

When I finally got my eyes to open, I realized I was in a hospital. Austin, my mom, and my dad, my dad?! My dad was here. Him and my mom were sitting on the couch on separate ends leaning on the arms, sleeping. Why am I in here? I took a deep breath, or better yet tried. I felt a sharp pain in my side. That pain brought back all the memories in a flood. I shot up and jerked Austin with me because he had his laid on our intertwined hands. He looked directly at me and his face started to smile but he must of saw my worried expression because his smile went to worry.

"Where is John-Luke? Did they hurt him?" Austin sighed and then looked at me with so much love and joy, I could hardly concentrate. We spoke in whispers so we didn't wake my parents up.

"Honey he's fine. All because of you. Now your in trouble." Why was I in trouble? The look and tone he was using, assured me he wasn't exactly happy. "You scared the piss out if me! I thought me and John-Luke lost you. I mean I just got you and I don't want to lose you."

I silenced him with my laugh and just gazed into his eyes. "I'm fine. You're stuck with me stud." He smiled.

He was leaning in as he mumbled a good. But I stopped him with my hand. "Oh no. I have such bad right now. There is no way I'm letting you ki-" I was stopped midsentence. I was stopped by his heart-stopping kisses. I gave up on caring about my breath and put all the passion I could in that one kiss. I knew he needed this reassurance that I wasn't going to leave him. I was here to stay, even if that meant fighting death.

We pulled apart for air and I noticed my parents were still asleep. I kissed him one more time, this time a little shorter, and nodded my head toward them. He woke my mom first and of course she cried and hugged me for dear life.

Next was my dad and he was upset, I don't know if it was because he hadn't been there for me in a while or if this is what it took for him to be there. Either way, I accepted his hug and kisses on my cheek. It meant the world to me he was here and I told him so. He laughed at that and I just raised my brow.

"He told me you would say that." He pointed over to Austin. I smiled as he leaned in for another kiss. My dad put his hand over my mouth. "I'm not quite ready to see that yet." My mom shook her head laughing and then we all joined in. No matter how old I was, he would always think of me as his baby girl but I didn't care.

My persistent parents and hardheaded boyfriend wanted the doctor to see me right away, but I needed to see John-Luke. I needed to know he was okay and that he was not hurt. Mom and dad went out and let Pops and John-Luke come in.

When they walked in, he was leaned on Pop's shoulder rubbing his eyes. He reached for me and I started crying. Austin sat him on my good side. I hugged him to me. I kissed his forehead and he yawned. "Momma, sing." He yawned again. Austin got on the bed with me.

Before I sung, I hugged Pop's and kissed his cheek. He hugged me, kissed my forehead, and then left. I knew he was giving us time to be together. I scooted over and let Austin lay down with us.

I started singing All About Us by He is We. I always sang that when I thought about my boys. I held John-Luke's hand and sang. I looked up to see Austin smiling and the rim of his eyes red. My big baby. He kissed me on my forehead and I laid down and fell asleep with my boys by my side, the good one of course.

------------------------------------------

Austin POV

It felt complete again. Ava was awake and she was here with us again. I let my family sleep, and I went to find her parents and the doctor. When I went out, I saw her mom talking to her doctor and her dad talking to his wife. I went up to Ava's mom and put my arm around her shoulder. The doctor continued to talk. He basically said Ava did outstanding and that with a few more tests she could go home because they wanted to make sure her blood count was back to at least normal.