Chapter 8

I heard the same horn honk again so I look behind Austin to glare. I notice the car right away. Its a pink Volkswagen beetle, belonging to Piper. "Did you need something?" I ask in a fake nice voice.

"I needed Austin not you." She snaps.

I look to Austin, who still has his back to her, to find him staring at my lips. I smile and snap my fingers. He looks at me and then turns around. When he sees her he scowls. HE SCOWLS. "What. do. you. want.?" Ohh he is mad. In an attempt to calm him down, I slide my hand through his shirt and touch the bare skin on his back. He shudders and his breathing regulates. Thank God.

Before we became this close, I only saw him get this angry once. We were all at the ice cream parlor and some guy started making comments about a little boy. Austin pounced on him and no one did anything. I pulled Austin off and had him in a hug. He was wearing a cut off so my bare hands touched his bare sides. He gripped me back tighter as the owners kicked the guy out. Austin gave them a curt 'thank you' nod.

Piper gets out of her car and makes her way toward him. "Honey why are you with her? Remember what we did last night? That was magical."

I withdraw my hand and look at Austin and he looks at me. I wink at him with the eye she can't see. "What time was this you guys had a magical moment?" I ask pretending to be mad.

"It was around 9. He called me to his house." Piper says.

I surprise Piper by laughing. Austin soon joins in as he catches on to my plan. "Piper you are so stupid. Last night Austin was at my house. He didn't leave till 11:30. Do you want to make up another lie?" She huffs and starts to walk away. I grab her arm and turn her around. With my death glare I say "You can tell all your plastic barbie friends that Austin is officially off the market. You mess with me I will burn all you plastic brats. Got it?"

"Okay Ava, lets go. Come on." I could feel Austin's hand on my forearm and that alone made me relax. I turned around and shrunk into him while Piper got in her car and left. "That was amazing, babe."

I had one side of my face laid on his chest. I looked up to him and got on my tip toes to kiss him but I fell short so he leaned down to kiss me. It was a short peck but still had the same feel. "I just had to tell her you were taken." He smiled and kissed me goodbye. I went home to get ready for the game.

----------------------------------------------

When I got put of the shower I picked my clothes out. I went with a ripped pair of dark miss me pants, a black diamond studded belt, and a Katydid, black pawprint shirt. Of course I out his hoodie over the shirt. I left my curly hair hanging. I put on my black TOMS and did a one over in the mirror before grabbing my phone and my keys which also had my wallet in one of those ID things. The girls were picked up by their boyfriends but I decided to drive.

When I got to the game the girls were gearing up, which meant he was in the crowd. I walked in and looked around when a ball rolled to my feet. I picked it up and saw Shelby standing there waiting. I threw it to her and she shot it from the three and it was nothing but net. She pointed to me with a smile. I still stood there looking when I felt two hands on my hips above my pant line. I turned and looked, sure enough it was my man. He was wearing his ball sweats and he looked etible.

"Hey baby." I said. He smiled and kissed my temple. He interlaced our fingers and said "Come on, lets go get a seat." I smiled and more than gladly followed.

We sat in the student section with all of our friends. We had a pretty big crew. Let me name some off: Callie, Jake, Ethan, and of course Brey and Autumn and their Boyfriends. There are a lot more but they play basketball.