Chapter 3: Mario The Ultimate Gamer

( Hello everyone, I just have 1 question for all of you. Do you guys want the Super Saiyan transformation as is, or do you guys want the full thing with the golden hair and green eyes?)

Walking the crowded halls of Mushroom City's mall brought a slight relief to the nagging feeling of being watched. While most people would find that weird, what's been going on is even weirder. About a week after you had officially befriended Saiko, you saw the same little robot that was watching you when you first met Meggy. And, just like before, it flew away quickly when you tried to get closer.

However, nowadays, you see it out of the corner of your eye every time you're alone. And since everyone was busy today, the mall was the next best thing to avoid being watched as you could easily blend in with the crowd.

As you walk through the crowds, checking over your shoulder every now and then, until an Italian voice that you have grown all to familiar with reached your ears.

Mario: Hey, Y/n!

You look over to see Mario sitting on a bench enjoying an ice cream.

Y/n: Mario, I thought you were playing Super Smash each other in the ass bros. Woth SMG4. Also that name is really long and pretty weird.

Mario: It sure is! And I was... until he beat me 20 times. In a row.

Y/n: That's rough buddy.

Mario: So now I'm here to train to become a better gamer than SMG4!

Y/n: Yeah you seem to be doing a great job of doing that. By sitting on a bench eating ice cream.

Mario: Oh this? This is just step 1 of Mario's master plan to become the greatest gamer to ever live!

You couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Y/n: Alright then gamer, let's head to the arcade real quick.

Throwing the ice cream away, Mario heads towards the arcade. After looking around one last time, you don't see any trace of the robot. Concluding that you might be left alone today, you follow after Mario.

Once the two of you arrive at the arcade, you see a large crowd surrounding one of the game machines. Among the crowd was Boopkins, which could only mean that Bob was around somewhere.

Y/n: Hey Boopkins, what's going on?

Boopkins: Oh hi Y/n and Mario. Bob challenged that blue hair girl to Super Smash each other in the ass bros. Apparently she's the best in the world at that game.

Bob: A girl gamer? Lol, don't make me laugh. You should leave video games to manly men like me.

The game starts and it wasn't even a challenge. The girl had beaten Bob flawlessly.

Bob: What?! How did she do that? That's not fair, she must have cheated! I want a rematch!

The girl just sighs to herself and makes her way out of the crowd in between the chaos.

Y/n: She was really good, don't you think Mario?

You look over to where your Italian friend was and noticed he was now gone.

Y/n: Of course.

You look back towards the doors to the arcade, you just barely miss him leaving after the girl. After taking one last look at the raging Bob, you leave to chase after Mario and make sure he doesn't scare her off.

...

Which you were just a little too late in doing. Hearing her scream, she jumps back and crashes against a vending machine causing a bag of chips to fall out.