Chapter 4: If Y/n was in Splatoon 2

It was was a nice, beautiful day in the city of Inkopolis. Inklings were going about their business in the streets of the city. Turf Wars were being played in the many arenas scattered around. Save for one arena that was occupied by only two individuals.

You and Meggy were using one of the Turf War arenas as your own personal training grounds. As you used the arena as an obstacle course to practice your flight, Meggy put up some targets to shoot as she would throw the occasional Splat Bomb to test your reflexes and accuracy.

As you make a few sharp turns, three Splat Bombs were thrown into the air in front of you. Quickly, you raise a hand and fire three ki blasts, destroying them all. Once reaching the end of the coarse Meggy manages to catch up and gives you a pat on the back.

Meggy: That was awesome! You're getting really good with your abilities.

Y/n: Hey, you've been helping out, and you're also getting better.

Meggy gives you a thumbs up and a smile while her face gets a little red.

Meggy: Well, I think that now is as good a time as any to take a break.

?: Aww... isn't this cute?

A new voice caught your attention as you and Meggy turn to see a group of Octolings standing in front of you.

?: Sorry, am I interrupting your little date?

Meggy: Who are you?

?: Oh... you never heard of me? Desti, leader of the unstoppable Octoposse!

You and Meggy glance at each other before looking back at Desti.

Meggy: Doesn't ring a bell.

Y/n: Never heard of you. Guess you're not as great as you think.

That pissed Desti off as she pulled out her weapon and fired it, hitting you in the face with a glob of ink. While you found it as an inconvenience, it seemed to make Meggy angry.

Meggy: Hey, you can't just go shooting my friend! Are you looking for a fight?!

The other three Octolings readied their weapons, but Desti halted them with a wave of her hand.

Desti: Says the girl who failed in the first round of the Splatfest.

She turns around to leave, ushering her posse to follow her.

Desti: I'll make sure to send you my autograph when we win this year.

Meggy: Just who does she think she is?!

You wipe off all of the ink from your face.

Y/n: Well, that was mildly annoying.

Meggy: C'mon Y/n, wen can't let her beat us! We have to train even harder!

Y/n: Meggy, I get how you're feeling, but too much training can be bad for your health. Let's just calm down and take that break real quick.

Meggy: We don't have time for that.

Y/n: Alright, how about I go get us something to eat, and when I come back, you take a break, alright? I'll get us something from Crusty Sean's.

She seems to perk up at the mention of Sean's food truck. But being as stubborn as she is, she just muttered a quiet 'okay' and went back to train.

You went to leave the grounds and found yourself back in Inkopolis Square. Some of the Inklings gave you a wave. As you built your friendship with Meggy, you also helped out around Inkopolis.

As you approach the food truck that was Crust Sean's, the prawn sees you and waves.

Sean: Hello Y/n, the usual I assume?