Chapter 5: T-Pose Virus

Everyone was hanging around the castle. It was a week after the after your fight with the mysterious robot in Inkopolis. When you returned to the castle it seemed that SMG4 had left for the time being. Something about settling something with his rival SMG3. And Boopkins had to help at home so you had to wait to get your questions answered for a little bit of time.

You also visited Meggy as her arm was healing, and thankfully it healed fairly quickly. Also, as Desti took Meggy to the hospital, it seemed that they formed a friendly rivalry instead of becoming enemies.

Then one morning, you noticed that everyone was hanging out and relaxing in the main foyer. Desti, SMG4, Mario, Luigi were playing a game of poker, which Desti was winning.

It surprised you to see Desti here, but Meggy probably talked her into coming along. Luigi was first to notice your arrival.

Luigi: Hey Y/n, wanna play a few rounds?

Y/n: Not right now I need to talk to SMG4 for a minute. Maybe later.

SMG4, as usual, was a little bit stubborn. It eventually got to the point where you had to pick him up and carry him to the next room.

SMG4: Alright, what is it? I was this close to finally winning a hand.

Y/n: Firstly, no, you weren't. Just by looking at your hand you already lost. Secondly I wanted to ask you what this is all about.

You pull out the piece of the robot that had the insignia on it. Holding it out to SMG4, he looks at it for a minute before remembering where it's from.

SMG4: Oh yeah, this is the insignia of someone we used to have some trouble with, a guy named Eggman. But what's this about?

Y/n: Well, I got this off the robot that attacked Inkopolis.

SMG4: That's weird. Eggman just kind if went around yelling pingas the whole time and being annoying. He never was actually a threat. Also, I think he wanted to fuck a hedgehog.

Y/n: That's weird.

SMG4: Yeah... it's kind of weird.

Y/n: I see. Well, I guess it's useful. I really should talk to E. Gadd and get some real answers from him soon. But for now, let's head back.

SMG4: Yeah, we just ordered a pizza.

Y/n: Bob won't ruin it again, will he?

SMG4: Nah, he's already here anyway. He's upstairs with Meggy and Boopkins.

Y/n: Boopkins is also here? Good I need to speak to him about my abilities. After I beat you all in poker of course.

SMG4: Yeah, good luck. Desti has been handing to us for the past half hour.

The two of you walk back to the foyer. But the promise of a game of poker was ruined because as you approach the table, Mario throws his cards away.

Mario: Mamafucker! I'm sick of this shit!

He leaves the table.

Desti: Oh don't be a sore loser Mario. Why not play another round?

Mario: Because I'm all out of MONEY!

One by one, the others began to follow after Mario. But Desti didn't seem to mind all that much as she began to count out the money she collected.

SMG4: Oof. That was only a matter of time. Sorry you couldn't get the chance to play.

Y/n: It's cool. I'm pretty bad at poker myself. I just don't have a good poker face.

SMG4 walks off to join the others as you walk over to the table.