3.Time by the Minute

»»----- ⊷【┘】⊶ -----««

Behind thе darkness

There's anothеr great hope

A new start awaits

So open your closed eyes

»»----- ⊷【┘】⊶ -----««

23:01

"For five hours it is. But if you can't someone else will do it" the doctor looked at her through his specs.

"No I think I can do it" Safiyyah replied.

As time went by the hospital even ran out of beds for the patients.

It was painfully obvious that they were short on staff too.

The beads of sweat on the doctors face were saying more than enough for Safiyyah to know how busy he was.

"All right then good luck to you" he pressed a smiled and walked away.

A walk that looked more like a sprint.

»»----- ⊷【┘】⊶ -----««

23:07

She looked over to her side facing the room in which the blonde guy was.

She walked inside it to see him laying on the bed with a drip inserted on his right arm.

His left arm looked like someone had put plaster on it.

"Hello" she said slowly walking towards the chair beside his bed. He didn't move his head but his dull blue eyes landed on her as she sat.

He didn't say a word.

"Are you aware that you aren't supposed to sleep for like five hours" she asked.

"Yes" his voice was hoarse.

"Well they asked me if I could talk you out of these five hours and I said yes so here I am" she smiled.

It wasn't her usual bright one it was a sad smile.

»»----- ⊷【┘】⊶ -----««

23:11

She had already lost the little girl, she didn't want anyone else to die.

She was tired and exhausted and wanted all this to end.

She disliked not having any control over the situation.

The doctor had given her an explanation that if he sleeps something in his body will be released which will react with some medicine that they gave him and it will turn to poison.

So if he sleeps before the effects of the first medicine are over he will die.

»»----- ⊷【┘】⊶ -----««

23:21

"Do you wanna talk or listen" she asked her best bet for conversation starters.

"Listen"

"Huh for that you still have to ask me a question" she said sitting straight.

"Why did you save me" okay great she was really expecting a better question.

Maybe something Not related to what just happened.

"Well, I couldn't really leave you there to die knowing that I can save you" she shrugged.