9.Forgotten Faith

»»————-  °⁺‧ʚIɞ˖‧₊° ————-««

»»————-   °⁺‧ʚIɞ˖‧₊° ————-««

Don't think of anything

Don't say anything, not even a word

Just give me a smile

»»————-     °⁺‧ʚIɞ˖‧₊° ————-««

1....2...3 "seekh kebab" She giggled clutching the white flowers her best friend had gifted her not a few seconds ago.

Click.

11-year-old Hamad took the polaroid and ran off away from the little girl complaining about how he was really annoying her by not showing the polaroid to her.

He ran and ran through the bazaar near his house and away from the field they were in moments ago.

The bazaar was filled with tons of people, it was a Friday in the busy streets of Pakistan but the two kids were too familiar with this place to ever get lost.

Aliya followed by close enough to grab him when they reached the door of his house.

Gasping for air she snatched her possession from him, sitting down at the stairs of his front door.

Examining her picture carefully.

Her eyes filled with excitement.

She looked up at her one and only best friend with the widest grin.

He smiled.

»»————-     °⁺‧ʚIɞ˖‧₊° ————-««

I still can't believe it

All of this seems like a dream

Don't try to disappear

He heard them; he wished he never had.

She's leaving.

No, no, no this can't be happening.

She won't leave him.

She can't leave him.

She'll never do that to him.

Panic filled him followed with an outburst of endless tears. Suddenly it felt as if his whole world had been flipped upside down.

Their mothers were discussing the so-called transfer that no one bothered to tell Hamad about.

Not even Aliya.

He was so happy moments ago, returning from her house to his.

That's when he over heard his mother and hers, right at the varanda of his house. They were talking in muffled whispers.

But Hamad didn't mind till he heard her mother "yes, she was quite sad about it, her dad's transfer will cause her to lose her favorite friend"

He opened the door causing both the women to avert their gaze.

The poor boy's trail of tears explained everything.

He heard everything.

»»————-   °⁺‧ʚIɞ˖‧₊° ————-««