2.When you're Gone

»»————- ⚕ ————-««

Bad things happen;

People die.

People die,

And life goes on.

»»————- ⚕ ————-««

That's what they say but it's not that easy. 

And here lay Safiyyah Khan, on her stomach, completely terrified, almost seconds away from her death.

Her eyes were shut, her heart beating fast, all she could hear now was her breath otherwise the whole street was filled with dead or dying people, all on the ground.

All her senses had stopped when she saw the bullet coming straight towards her, although it didn't hit her as she expected, the closer it came to her, the more it moved towards her left

And to her fortune she tripped on a stone and stayed on the ground.

The people with guns had moved past her.
She had gotten a few wounds on her knees and elbows while falling but it was far better than getting shot.

The bullet ended up hitting a blond haired boy.

He was laying only few inches towards her left.

Every once in a while she could hear gunshots at a distant.
Everytime she did, she flinched.

She waited till the sound of the gunshots were far away, and soon heard police sirens.

That means that she was safe now, right?

She opened her eyes and the scene before her filled her with dread.

All around her people layed, dead or wounded,

And there was blood,
Blood everywhere.

It made her sick.

There was blood on her arms, her legs, her clothes.

But it wasn't all hers. She hated the smell of blood.

She hated the sight of it.

It was a pretty, bright red when fresh but always turned into a murky crimson.

The longer she looks at it the worse she felt.

It reminded her of the time when she used to uncontrollably cough it out every single day.

When she was on the edge of life. So close to death but never quite reaching it.

Ever since that she had lived a normal life till this very moment.

People who ran inside buildings were safe. The black masked men didn't bother to go after them. 

They weren't allowed to come out though.

Out of fear or out of caution.

She couldn't tell.

Either way, there was no one to help.

Looking around she saw the boy- no a young man's blue eyes open staring at her seeking for help.

She sat up and scooted closer to him but was careful not to touch the blood that was flowing out of his arm. 

She heard a lot of gunshots and sirens.

Maybe the police and the men were shooting each other. 

After glancing around, she knew one thing: she had to get out of there.