9

"Just lay low for a few days then we'll get our operations running again

"Just lay low for a few days then we'll get our operations running again." I told everyone in the room before walking out.

I've been in a meeting all day with my men, we had to go through extensive security measures. Thankfully Jackson was the only mole we found.

I was about to open the front door to head back to my penthouse when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see it was Marco, my brother, that was calling me.

I'm really not in the mood to deal with his annoying ass so I declined the call.

I put the phone back in my pocket and opened the front door, only to see the very person I was trying to avoid.

"Surprise. Now, do you wanna explain to me when the hell you decided to marry someone I've never met?" Marco said, blocking my path so I couldn't walk out.

I groaned, I can already feel the headache incoming. "It's just for our fathers company, we'll eventually divorce once he passes." I told him before rolling my eyes.

"Why would he be passing? Our father is old but not that old Rory." He responded with a confused look, "he didn't tell you?" I asked

"Tell me what?"

This is such a pain, why do I have to be the one to tell him that he only has a few months left?

I just wanted to get this over with and go home. "He has cancer, few months left etc. Ask him the rest, can you move out my way now?" I said in a bored tone .

He just stood there as if he'd seen a ghost. I nudged him aside and walked past him.

I looked back just to see he hasn't moved an inch. What the- there's no way someone can be that stunned, he was like a statue.

I faced forward again and got in my car, then I sat there and thought.

My penthouse is like an hour away from the safe house, hell no. I got out and called my chauffeur, there's no way I'm driving over an hour after the already exhausting day I've had.

 I got out and called my chauffeur, there's no way I'm driving over an hour after the already exhausting day I've had