Twenty four

"Lex!" Alexia perked up as she heard Taylor's familiar voice echo through the hallway.

She was in the middle of zipping up her suitcase because Taylor's plane was waiting for them. They had just spent a few nights at Taylor's cozy Nashville apartment after visiting Taylor's mom. The warm memories of their time there still lingered in Alexia's mind.

With a soft knock, Taylor entered the bedroom, her footsteps barely making a sound on the plush carpet. Her eyes landed on Alexia struggling with her bulky suitcase, and a playful grin danced upon Taylor's lips.  "Maybe you shouldn't pack so much, and then you wouldn't have to struggle with that heavy suitcase," Taylor's laughter added a melodic note to her words as she gracefully approached Alexia.

Rolling her eyes playfully, Alexia retorted, "Well, if I didn't pack so much, you wouldn't have the chance to raid my suitcase and wear all my outfits." She knew that Taylor had a penchant for borrowing her clothes, which often led to debates about who wore them better. They laughed together, both knowing how true it was. 

Taylor raised an eyebrow, "Ready?" she asked, the excitement evident in her voice. They both knew what this trip meant - a celebration of Alexia finishing her latest movie project. With only two months left on Taylor's tour schedule, they could only fit in a short weekend getaway. Though Taylor had initially wanted to plan something grand, Alexia understood and respected Taylor's commitment to her career and this tour.

A wave of relief washed over Alexia as the realization sank in. She had successfully wrapped up the movie she had been filming for months, overcoming numerous challenges along the way. It was a film filled with potential, generating early Oscar buzz despite its release being months away. Awards weren't the sole reason Alexia pursued acting, but the recognition certainly added to the thrill.

Taylor chuckled, wrapping her arms lazily around Alexia's neck as they stood together at the end of the bed. "I'm really looking forward to spending quality time alone with you, away from the city and everything else. Just you and me." she expressed, her eyes filled with affection.

Alexia smiled softly, captivated by Taylor's icy blue eyes looking deep into her own. That's my favorite color blue.

Interrupting her thoughts, Taylor playfully poked Alexia's shoulder, drawing her attention. "You there?"

"Sorry, I was lost in thought," Alexia explained, feeling her cheeks warm with a blush. "Are you really not going to tell me where we're going?"

A mischievous smile graced Taylor's lips as she shook her head. "No, it's a surprise," she confirmed, enjoying the anticipation building between them.

Alexia groaned dramatically, crossing her arms and pouting, attempting to sway Taylor's decision another way. "But I really want to know," she pleaded, her puppy dog eyes on full display.

"Don't play that game with me, Lexi. You know it doesn't work," Taylor said, trying to maintain a stern tone, though she couldn't help but feel a softness in her heart when met with such an adorable gaze.

Realizing Taylor wouldn't reveal the secret easily, Alexia relented, stepping closer to her and cupping her cheek. Leaning in, she lightly kissed Taylor's lips. "I love you," she whispered against them, her voice filled with sincerity.

Taylor's heart fluttered at those three words, the same ones that never failed to make her feel loved. "I love you too, baby," she replied, her smile radiating warmth.

-

The hours flew by as they settled into their flight, comfortably nestled in their seats. As the plane soared through the clouds, Alexia decided to try one more time to uncover their destination. "If you tell me where we're going, I'll give you a kiss," she playfully bargained with Taylor.