𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟑𝐑𝐃

today, a scavenger hunt was planned. i honestly wasn't too keen on this senior trip, but diego convinced my dad to force me to go.

"everyone gets a sheet of clues and a gps device, which i hope you know how to operate. we've collected all of your phones and if anyone has a second phone, then you're disqualified." lainie said.

"also your parents are too rich," diego said. i nudged him lightly.

"hidden around this camp are canvas bags with treasure inside."

"so all these clues hav been designed to keep you in safe places, but this is the wild. were out here alone and we need to look out for each other. so stick with your partner please. and if you should encounter some wildlife, back away slowly and remain calm." deputy standall said.

"then come back to camp and change your underwear." diego snickered.

"will you shut up?" i said. he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"yes, thank you diego. stay safe have fun." deputy standall said.

we both got up and began walking towards the woods.

"so, you really want to do this?" he said as he looked at the paper of clues. i shook my head no. "please, can we just, i don't know."

"we can just go back to base and chill?"

i nodded and grabbed a hold to his hand.

"i have a secret," he chuckled. "hm?"

"okay this was before you told me not to fuck with clay but, me and the guys fucked with the clues."

"diego.." i stopped.

"i know, look. im sorry, we thought it would be funny but,"

"but what?" i asked him.

"everyone is safe, i promise." he kissed me and smiled.

we then heard loud screams from afar. "you sure about that?" i asked him.

"yes i promise, no one should get hurt, maia. we made sure of it."

"well, maybe you should be the man and go check it out?" i suggested.

"shit," he sighed and grabbed my hand, "stay close." we then began walking. diego used the fake map to track and see where people were, but we couldn't find anyone.

"diego, this is fucked." i said.

"i know, lets just go back to base and maybe people will the be there."

i sighed, but that's what we did.

we walked inside and the door slammed loudly behind us. "where the fuck is clay?" justin yelled.

"i don't know!" diego yelled back.

"who screamed?" i asked.

"that would be us," charlie said.

"what are you guys doing? what's the game?"

"look all we did was switch out the maps to take people to places just to freak them out."

"i did not participate, don't say we." i said.

he rolled his eyes and smacked his lips. "there's shit happening that's not us. there's something out there."

"diego man, give it up. you are a somewhat decent db, but you're a shitty liar." charlie said.

"no, he's telling the truth, i was with him the whole time." i said.