𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟏𝟓𝐓𝐇

"you feeling better?" diego asked me as he wedged his head into my neck. "yeah, i think i just got really drunk,"

"or you could be pregnant." he chuckled. "oh shut up." i said and got out of bed. "would that be so bad?"

"oh, i don't know... yes? im going to college in a few months i cant be carrying a child."

"i know, i know." he then got up as well. we got dressed and headed downstairs. my dad and mom were there with a big breakfast.

"so, maia. even if the letter isn't want you want, it is okay." my dad said as he handed me a letter.

dear maia, congratulations! it is with great pleasure that i offer you admission to the stanford university class of 2025.

"well, i say we go to bora bora to celebrate." i shrugged. my dad chuckled. diego smiled and pulled me in for a kiss.

"congratulations." he whispered.

we then ate and headed off to school.

"i have to meet with the team again,"

"no," i said.

"what do you mean no?" he chuckled. "come on, you've been ditching me like every week."

"i know," he held my hand, "and i'm sorry, but i promise it'll be quick. ill meet you in class."

"diego," i said as he walked off.

i then turned around to see zach. he still had bruises from two weeks ago. "dude," i sighed, "i didnt think boxing bruises lasted that long."

"yeah, well when you have someone like tony beating your ass.."

"so thats the story your sticking with?" i chuckled.

"maia, i already told you. nothing happened to me that wasnt consensual."

"whatever," i rolled my eyes.

"well, i have a meeting with dean foundry so, catch you later." he said and stepped into the office.

i decided to peek in on jess at HO.

"things are only getting worse. theyre putting cameras in locker rooms. thats gotta be violating some law, right?"

i sat next to her.

"then they'll change the laws, its a fucking police state." ani said.

"i just want to say my father had nothing to do with those. those cameras are school funded. i can maybe see what he can do about getting curtains installed?" i butted in.

"well, jess.. can you talk to bolan?"

she stayed quiet for a while. "you guys, i havent been totally honest with you. at the beginning of the semester. bolan asked me to give him input on the security measures, and to give him updates on how people were reacting to everything." jess said.

"wait so, you've been helping him?" ani asked.

"i just... look i wanted to help make the school safer. i swear, he never told me about the drill or any of this stuff!"

"but you've been lying to us." estela said.

"we cant blame jess for this. she's the leader and sometimes leaders get asked things that they don't want to do, but because they are the leader, she has to keep her word. " i said.

"is there anything we can do?"

"ive already tried talking to bolan. he doesn't listen to me anymore." jess said.