𝐎𝐂𝐓 𝟐𝟒𝐓𝐇

"did you give him the tapes yet?" he whispered

"did you give him the tapes yet?" he whispered. i shook my head no and shrugged. "im going to drop them by his house today, why?"

"goodmorning liberty high students! make today be a good day!" i heard fade in and out as i stuck my head in my locker.

i glanced down the hallway at yet another person setting a flower in front of hannah bakers locker.

he kept looking at me. so i decided to say something.

"excuse me, can i have my face back?" i mumbled.

he blinked and shook his head. "shit sorry." he said quietly and shut his locker.

i blew air from my nose and walked to homeroom.

i sat down next to a kid who always wears this stupid fedora hat. "pratters."

"mrs. bradley is it possible that we could move on with all of this? its been like a week, can we move on?" pratters said.

people murmured in disbelief.

"no i get it, its tragic but i dont want to be reminded all the time!" he added.

"were never done with it mr. pratters, which is why it is important to know the signs that someone you care for might need help." mrs. bradley said.

i looked at hannahs old seat. it had been a week since she commited and it didn't seem all that different now that she was gone.

"clay...clay!" mrs bradley yelled as he zoned out.

mrs. bradley continued to talk about checking on friends. i was out of it.

i felt bad for hannah, i truly did, but, why did she do it? i was so unsure. her life was fine from what i knew. some people say it was for attention.

after homeroom, i went back to my locker. i opened it, sighing that the shoe box of tapes was still sitting in it. i had to give them to him.

i decided that i would just pass by his house on the way home and drop them off. fair enough.

"hey.." justin whispered as he came close to me. he startled me. "fuck justin... you scared me." i whispered. "jumpy much? too much adderal?" he chuckled.

"not funny." i groaned. "woah, someones in a bad mood.. a drink?" he said as he held a water bottle with clear fluid in it. definitely vodka.

"you werent in first period today, drinking at 7 am?" i asked. he didn't answer.

i looked at him with a serious look. he had red bags under his eyes like he was getting no sleep at all. "have you been sleeping okay, those bags are treacherous." i said while rubbing my thumb against them.