𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟗𝐓𝐇

i set my backpack in the bin and walked through the metal detectors.

"could you imagine our school having to have metal detectors all because one person decided he wanted to shoot up a high school." diego said as he followed behind me.

i thought he knew about tyler for a second.

"its for our safety, diego." i sighed and picked up my backpack.

"i need to head by the office, cheer photos are tomorrow and i need to make sure that everyone has a new uniform." i said after kissing his cheek.

"wait-" he said before i walked off.

"i love you." he smiled.

i smiled back, "i love you too." i said then blew a kiss. he caught it. so corny. i then headed to the office, on my way i saw a limping zach.

"i thought your knee was fixed?" i asked him. "it was, until clay crashed my fucking car and left me for dead."

i winced. "fuck," i rested my hand on his arm cast."clays literally gone bonkers."

"ya think?" zach said sarcastically.

"well, since you're not footballl captain anymore, do you want to help me match cheer uniforms to girls?" i asked him.

he chuckled. ""why the fuck not."

we then headed into the office where the box was already sitting on my desk.

"well, here's the list, and here's the uniforms. the bows and pom poms are in that box over there, and the packaging bags are in the closet."

"cool, so-"

"may i have your attention please? we are currently moving into a lockdown situation. code red. this is a hard lockdown. staff, please initiate lockdown procedure immediately. students, please do not panic and listen closely to this announcement."

"shit should we like hide?" he asked me frantically.

i nodded and shut the door and locked it. i put a door in front and turned off the lights.

"im gonna text kerba and tell him were in here." i sighed.

"this is so fucked." zach chuckled.

"fuck, i gotta check on diego." i said. i then texted him too.

"im sure he's fighting with justin, they fight all the time." zach said and pulled a flask out of his pocket. "seriously?" i asked him. he shrugged and took a swig. "if im gonna get shot, i don't wanna feel it."

"you're not gonna get shot zach, chill out." i rolled my eyes.

"are you friends with the shooter?" he asked me.

"there's no shooter, and this is a drill. im sure its just a protocol since we have a new dean. he's just trying to scare everyone."

"well thats a fucked way to make an impression." he said and took one last swig.

"diego texted," i said as i looked at my phone, "he asked where i am."

"okay, so tell him?" zach said.

"what do you think im doing?" i rolled my eyes at him. "do you think kerba would let him..."

"fuck no." zach chuckled.

"okay, i just... im kind of scared." i sat back. "i know," he said and pulled me into his chest.

"like what if-"

"no, no what if's maia. were making it out of here alive. you said it yourself it was a drill." zach said.

"i was just trying to make myself believe that, zach." i sighed.