13

His heart won. To be fair, it wasn't much of a battle. He had been hung up on Louis for so long but he never thought he stood a chance. How could he throw away the possibility of something more with Louis than friendship when the opportunity presented itself? With the risk of getting hurt of course, really hurt, but that was something he was willing to go through. He was gambling his heart without knowing if he had the winning cards.

When he got up Louis was already in the kitchen making tea.
"Okay."

"Okay?" Louis questioned.

"Second date. Don't mess it up." Harry said.

Louis smiled excitedly.
"I won't! I'm happy you're willing to give me another chance. Oh, I have to go to the store to buy the stuff I need. I googled recipes this morning. You like chicken, right?"

"I do." Harry smiled.

"Great!" Louis beamed and started to walk out of the kitchen.

"You can drink your tea first, you know? Where's the hurry?" Harry wondered.

"I better get this rolling before you change your mind." Louis answered over his shoulder.

"I won't!" Harry tried to assure him.

"I'll be back soon." Louis shouted from the hallway.

Harry made himself a cup of tea and toast and sat down by the kitchen table. He sniffed his armpit and grimaced. He really needed a shower. As soon as he was done eating he headed to the bathroom to get clean. He heard Louis arrive back home as he was shampooing his hair. Twenty minutes later he stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his head and another one around his waist before he brushed his teeth.

As he stepped out of the bathroom he almost bumps into Louis.
"Me turn." Louis smiled.

Harry just nodded his head and went to his bedroom to get dressed. What was he gonna wear on a home date? Sweats and a hoodie? Pajamas? He settled for blue jeans and a colorful t-shirt, like a rainbow.

He put on deodorant and started to fix his hair. He has to use a lot of products to tame his curls.

He headed out to the kitchen and made a pot of coffee. Louis emerged ten minutes later. His hair was still wet and he was dressed casually. He grabbed an apron and put it on. Harry watched in amusement. He knew that that Louis didn't cook much so this would be interesting.
"I thought I'd make us lunch." Louis said.

"Sounds wonderful." Harry smiled.

He watched in silence for five minutes while Louis tried to figure out how to turn on the oven before he had mercy on his poor soul and got up and helped him.
"Thanks." Louis chuckled.

Harry returned to his coffee. He watched in amusement as Louis tried to cut chicken breast. First, he held the knife upside down. Harry had to bite his tongue so he wouldn't make fun of him again. Somehow Louis managed to stuff the chicken and wrap them in parma ham. He looked really proud as he put them in an oven dish and placed them in the oven.
"It looks yummy." Harry complimented.

Louis beamed and started to peel potatoes. Harry decided to help him so the homemade mash would be ready in time. He would have started with the potatoes but he kept that to himself. It was very evident that Louis didn't cook much but he didn't want to tease him about it and make him lose his confidence in the kitchen. He had already teased him too much in the past.

He filled a pot with water and placed it on the stove and turned the heat on before he helped Louis with the potatoes.

When they had managed to peel all of them and placed them in the pot Louis started with the gravy. Harry just hung around and talked to him. When he noticed that the gravy would be very lumpy if Louis didn't do anything about it he softly gave him some directions.
"You should whisk that, you know so the flour blends better."

"How do you whisk?" Louis asked.

Harry thought he was joking and was about to burst out in laughter when he noticed the look Louis gave him. Oh, okay. Not a joke. Geez. Harry smiled instead and showed him how to whisk.

Forty minutes later the meal was almost done. Harry set the table while Louis made homemade mash. Five minutes later they sat down to eat. Harry made sure to compliment the food as soon as he had tasted it.
"This is great!"

"Not bad for me first proper meal." Louis grinned.

"First? You really don't cook much, huh?" Harry smiled.

"What gave me away?" Louis joked.

Harry giggled before he smiled at him.
"It makes it more special then. Thanks for making an effort."

Louis just smiled back. This date wasn't awkward. They had a lot to talk about and the conversation flooded easily. Louis made him laugh a lot. When they were done eating they cleared the table together.
"Wanna watch a film?" Louis suggested.

"Sure." Harry smiled.

They agreed to watch The Proposal and started the movie. Ten minutes in they were making out. Harry had no idea if he or Louis initiated it or if it was mutual but he couldn't care less.

Louis' hands found their way underneath his shirt and Harry's skin formed goosebumps. They were interrupted by Louis' phone ringing. He looked at it and put it back on the coffee table without answering.
"You can take that." Harry said, half lying on the couch with Louis on top of him.

"It's fine." Louis said and kissed him again.

The phone started ringing again. Louis looked irritated. He declined the call and turned off the sound.
"Is it Eleanor?" Harry asked.

"Uhm, yeah. Don't worry. I'm not gonna answer it." Louis said, looking uneasy.

They connected their lips once more but the phone rang again. Louis still had the vibrating function on
"Just answer it." Harry sighed.

"I don't wanna talk to her. I wanna make out with you. I'm sorry she's calling." Louis answered and looked really unhappy.

"Hey, it's fine. See what she wants but don't run off." Harry smiled even if he meant it.

When she called for a fourth time Louis sighed and sat up.
"I'll tell her I'm busy."

He answered the phone.
"El, I can't talk right now. Stop calling."

Harry heard an upset voice. Louis furrowed his eyebrows as he listened.
"What?"

She continued to talk. Louis listened for a while, eyes growing bigger and bigger.
"Wait, El." Louis said and held his hand over the speaker.

"Her date drugged her." He told Harry.

Harry's eyes grew wide.
"Shit! Is she okay? Where is she?"

"Some bar downtown." Louis said.

"Let's go get her then." Harry said and made an effort to stand up.

"Haz, we don't have to... I don't want to fuck up this date too. I can call her a cab, or the police, or maybe an ambulance?" Louis stressed.

"Louis, this is a situation out of the ordinary. She's drugged and probably scared. We can't just leave her. We have to make sure she's safe. You haven't fucked up this time. You will though if something happens to her and we could have helped her. " Harry said.

"Yeah, you're right." Louis said and put the phone to his ear again.
"El, we're on our way. Stay in the bathroom. We'll be there in ten minutes. If he tries to drag you with him, scream!"