🎭Cнαρтєя 1🎭

Luke sighed, following behind the two girls, Hailey and Millie.

He was unfortunately left alone with the two as Sean had fallen ill.

They had bought a seasonal pass to a new circus that had opened up, it was a travelling one, though apparently since the founder of it was old they're going to try stay relatively near the area they're at now.

Millie and hailey were squealing as they got further and further down the waiting line, tickets in hand.

Luke had to admit, yes, he did like circuses, but really? That much excitement.

He sighed as he pulled out his phone to see he had received a text from Sean.

~~~
Sean
Hey man, you guys get in ok?

Luke
Hopefully? There's two families infront of us rn, I'll give u a text to let you know when we get in

Sean
Alright! Have fun

~~~

Luke shut his phone off and back into his pocket as the girls raved on and on about potential acts in the unpredictable(yet somehow very predictable) entertainment that is, a circus.

Eventually, they got in and were walking to their seats, looking up in awe. It was perhaps the tallest circus they had ever seen, maybe around 200ft tall.

Cheers erupted after each and every performance, there were dancers, motorcycles, jugglers, clowns, tight ropes.

And Luke was pleasantly surprised to see that there was no animals introduced whatsoever.

Just then, the clown, the star of the show called out yet another performer. This one didn't have any cool or silly stage names, just simply, 'alexander'

After a few moments, the audience began to realise 'alexander' was on a trapeze around 150ft in the air.

It brought a sense of uneasiness to everyone, considering the bar was only held with a rope, however, Luke had to guess that was the feeling they were trying to get.

Luke had of course, enjoyed the previous performances, but as he watched on a big screen the upclose of the performer, he felt in awe.

It was a slim male, perhaps around the same age as himself. He was pale, purple eyeshadow almost neon on his face. He was showing lots of skin. From what he could tell, the leotard he was wearing, not only exposed a large portion of his sides, but also had a large back window. More than likely his costume was put together for visuals.

His outfit, it seemed to be inspired by a cat? It made sense. His moves were fast and agile, he was flexible.

Until he stopped.

The announcer called up, making a few jokes, as if it was part of the show, but any one of the adults could tell it wasn't, he was annoyed.

The trapeze was right above his section at the moment. He looked up at the big screen, and he could see, Alexander was shaking as he looked up.

He tried to see what he was looking at, and froze when he noticed it.

The rope was coming apart.

~~~~
Yay! First chapter! Near death experiences 🥰