17 | Secrets

I was offline for sum time- sorry :,)
(300 followers on tiktok special ig?)

Lothal. Lothal had always been a treasure to Ezra, or that's what his parents had told him when he was five.

"Lothal is your home, you must take care of it."

Well, now he was going to go home... right? He bit his lip, unsure of how things would turn out. He sighed, feeling defeated. First it felt like fun, but... he never knows the consequences. A warm hand patted his shoulder, turning around, it turned to be Sabine.

She sighed, with a little tinge of... regret maybe? "Hey. You silly blueberry. Look what you've got yourself into." Even if it was meant as a joke, it didn't sound or feel like one. "Well, get some rest or something... you'll... most probably need it for Lothal."

Ezra gulped. She was right, he would go back to Lothal. He'd never become a Jedi...

Did he just change the course of his life?

"C-could I possibly talk to Kanan?" He mumbled, not sure what he planning.

No. I met the mysterious man in the World between Worlds for a reason... didn't I?

Sabine smiled. "Yes, he's in his cabin..." She hesitated. "Which I suppose you know, right?" Her gaze soften.

Ezra rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah, thanks." He waved Sabine goodbye, leaving the common room to her. He directed himself to Kanan's room, knowing that something he had would possibly soften the elder Jedi.

I wonder why Sabine pitied me...

The boy took each step, feeling unsure but deeply hoping he would succeed. Kanan had always been a fair man, he would understand. Once arrived, the teenager knocked on the door, hoping for a reply.

"Come in."

The door whooshed open, revealing Kanan. "Kanan," Ezra started. "I... you know, don't you?"

The man raised an eyebrow of suspicion, which probably best meant that he did not indeed know Ezra's unique ability he shared with him. "I'm force-sensitive." ...a Jedi at that!

The older man's eyes glittered in interest. "You know what that means to be boy?"

"Yes."

He feels unable to tell him everything. "I have experience of being a..."

Kanan still stared at the younger human in interest of what he had to say. "...a?" He muttered, curiosity filling his voice.

"A Jedi." Ezra coughed out, not knowing he he said right thing.

"A Jedi?" Kanan's eyes widen, he seemed more unstable then he was just a while ago.

"Yes, and I..." He didn't really want to do this, it felt... wrong. "...I'm not 14, I'm 19... I was defeating Thrawn and I..."

"Who's Thrawn? Who was you master, if you truly are a Jedi." There was challenge in his voice, as if he didn't entirely believe Ezra.

"I-I don't think that's in my power to say..." He gulped. What would Kanan say if he said Kanan was his master.

The elder Jedi, in fact, did not care. "Why? Is he being chased by the Empire?" There were hints of taunt in his tone.

Ezra didn't know how to respond. "I- I just can't."

Kanan rolled his eyes. He didn't seem to believe Ezra.

Ezra bit his lip. His plan had failed. "Look." He started again, "I- I just need time to... uh..."

Kanan raised an eyebrow. "...to prove myself!" Ezra finally though.

Kanan only grunted in response. "Well kid... I'll give you a two week deadline. Two weeks." The elder Jedi gulped and added: "I'll see how that'll turn out with Hera."