2:A Good Meal🍊

Hyperlaser slowly wakes up, groaning as he looks around the room drowsily. He turns himself over. Katana was on the futon across from him, asleep, with his mask on. Hyper felt his face, feeling the slick texture of the glass of his helmet. He sighs in relief, knowing he didn't accidentally leave his headwear off. He was in the Yukata Katana provided for him, one sleeve hanging off his shoulder as he stretched out. He stepped out from the duvet, redoing the bed, taking off the duvet covers, and folding them, just like Katana had them before Hyper had slept on it. He stood up once he was done and opened the window a crack to not wake up his slumbering friend. The sky was tinted orange, the sun peeking through the pine and cherry blossom, shyly hiding away until the bright morning whispers came out from the trees. Hyper looked out on the view. Not the best view, but it's better than it looks outside in Blackrock(It's just a headcanon, guys.). "Hyperlaser." Hyper flinched, closing the small sliver in the window and looking back. Katana was sitting upright in his futon. "At ease, friend. I'm not going to reprimand you about opening a window. That's just silly."

"I suppose it is. I'm just not used to seeing such a view. Thieves' Den truly is lovely. If only I was here instead of Blackrock."

"I understand." The two stand next to each other, watching the sunrise from the window. They slowly begin to look at one another, their eyes meeting under their headwear. "Hyper."

"Katana...?"

"You stay with such a...toxic...faction. Why not transfer?"

"...Blackrock may be...questionable at times. But their technology is astounding. Not just that, but I stay for personal reasons."

"Like what?"

"It's classified."

"I...see. I understand-" The conversation is cut off by the grumbling of Hyperlaser's stomach. He turns away shamefully, holding his stomach.

"I-...sorry. I didn't exactly eat last night."

"It's quite alright. I'm hungry too. If you want...I could make us some breakfast." Hyper nods. He is led downstairs by his friend and once again, seated in the same room the two drank in yesterday while Katana went into the kitchen. The soft, but strong smell of alcohol could still be sniffed out though the two didn't drink that much. Maybe 3 or 4 bottles each. Hyper could hear the sound of sizzling already coming from the thin doors connecting the dining room to the kitchen. Hyper thinks to himself for a bit, looking out the door and seeing Katana with his back turned. He sighed in relief, closing the door taking his helmet off, and lying his head down on the table as the sizzling and cooking sounds went on. His head ached from the drinking last night. He wanted to go back to sleep, but would it be rude, right?

...

His head slowly went down into his crossed arms on the table as he dozed off. Katana comes in a few minutes later with the classic Japanese breakfast: steamed rice, grilled fish, and some tea for both of them. He notices Hyper's helmet is off. He was taken aback. But Hyper was asleep, so maybe he just wanted to be comfortable. Katana gently scoots Hyperlaser's helmet in front of his face to cover it when he wakes up. He didn't invade his privacy since neither of them had seen the other's faces, petting the back of his head and placing the tea tray, as well as a plate of the food he had made in front of his sleeping friend. He smiled gently under his mask. But he knew Hyper was hungry. He gently shook Hyperlaser's shoulder, covering his eyes in case Hyper didn't put on his helmet immediately. A small groan escaped his mouth as he shuffled his head. As he looked up from his comfy arms, he looked straight forward, realizing his helmet was on. And Katana was right behind him. Panicked, he looked back over his shoulder. Katana, like the respectful man he is, had his head turned away with his eyes covered. There was a bit of stunned silence from Hyper. But he didn't complain. He just put his helmet back on, just his mouth showing. "I'm sorry-"