Chapter 9 halfed

Alice sat their thanking her friend for a brief moment but it was already to late for Alice. The soul and her had been together to long, Lia was comforting her shaking friend. Alice looked back over to the fading piano relived to see her fears where over. Until the phantom reappeared, it was angry and flaming like the snake that had bitten Alice before it flew towards her and almost entered her soul.

Alice let out a scream, the most blood curdling scream the kind an abandoned infant lets out when it's mother leaves it. The kind a person lets out in their own company when the one they love falls for another. Lia jumped back as Alice was dragged across the floor, Alice tried to stand up but she was lifted off the floor and bashed back down as if a toddler where playing with her. Alice screamed
"Alice!" Lia cried. Alice cried and her eyes turned to a murky blue. Her head twisted and her cry would switch from hers to a horrid cry as if 100 suffering souls where inhabiting this innocent child.

Lia tried to grab her but was quickly dragged across the floor and banged her head which started bleeding. She saw the pine door slowly close, with the little strength she could muster Lia spat out
"In winters wake and ices cough spike up-up the ice b-bl-o-c-ck" which created a massive ice wedge through the door. Lia saw Alice be thudded against the wall and her ribs crack. Alice cried out in pain before the souls continued to torture her.

Lia began to feel faint, her blood loss was great and her head began to throb. Before the closed her eyes and dully fell to the floor . She muttered
"Let there be h-help for those who a-sk " which sent the white messenger light out of the room to Hugo who undoubtedly had to be looking for them. Lia heard Alice hit the wall yet again. Lia tried to mutter another spell but only the first letter left her mouth before the black mist surrounded her.

Hugo was in fact searching for Harry, he knew Lia and Alice were missing so Harry was the next person to ask. He was half way up the stairs before the light hit him in the back of the head.
"Ah fuck" Hugo hissed

"Hey" the pure voice said, it was Lia's voice but more angelic. "Look we don't have long, we're in the room of souls fetch a teacher and get help"
"Alice is halfed" the voice said fading out
Hugo turned round dropping his satchel on the side of the hallway and rushing to headmasters office, he was the most powerful and could definitely help.
He saw Hugo, he knew what was going on without Hugo even saying a letter. He swiftly grabbed his wand and walked down the corridor followed by Hugo. Harry,Billy and Iggy also tagged along seeing what was happening.

When Lia awoke she saw the headmaster walk in cursing the souls to leave Alice alone. She then passed out again.
Lia truly awoke to Hugo and their other friend Felicity. Hugo had brought her flowers and cookies. Lia still felt as if she had a massive throbbing lump in her head -which she sort of did- but managed to sit up to weakly talk to Hugo.

"Fuck, what happened"

"Lia! Your awake, well the sir saved you and Alice, but really you saved her because you froze the doors open"

"Did I?"

"Yes! Of course!" Felicity said " you saved her and sent for help, you'd both have been toast if you hadn't had sent for help"

"Alice! Is she okay?" Lia asked panicked

"Don't worry about that now" Hugo said trying to offer Lia a cookie

"No Hugo, is she okay?" Lia pressed

"She's alive" Hugo said

"Barely" Felicity admitted

Lia sat up slowly, she took Hugo's cookie and bit on the edge.

"What-what happened" Lia muttered fearfully

"Alice, Alice broke three ribs, her wrist, her nose and part of her spine was fractured, she might not walk again"

"Not to mention she's halfed" Felicity said

"Halfed!" Lia blurted sitting up, Hugo looked over towards a bed in the corner of the room.

"I want to see her" Lia said, reluctantly Hugo helped Lia stagger over to Alice's bed. Lia sat down next to her shaking yet simultaneously lifeless friend. Her eyes were a murky blue as if they couldn't find a meaning as if they were lost in a murky blue pool searching for something. Her skin was a pale, sickly grey as if she were plagued with pneumonia and her neck was cut and scarred. Every now and again Alice would shudder and turn round violently but it wasn't her, it was a different mix of souls but none of them were Alice's.

Lia began to weep, she'd lost not only her girlfriend but now her dearest friend too.
"Alice I'm sorry this is all my fault you didn't deserve this and I don't know how to help, I'm so so sorry" Lia wept. The society had been watching Lia mournful weep to her friend lying half lifeless before her.
" we can help" Harry said sweetly to Lia who was crying into her wet hands.