041

𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐄... Christmas Break is finally over and you, sadly, along with every other student at Brooklyn Visions Academy have to go back to school. Before the school day starts though, many people are talking with their friends to discuss what they did over break and catch up. You aren't close with anyone in particular, sadly... the most interaction you get with anybody at school is either with your roommate (which is by default) or a brief conversation when you're talking to someone.

Today was no exception. You weave through large crowds of students, trying to get to your class when you suddenly stop once you spot a familiar pair of Air Jordan 1s. You look up just in time to see Miles passing you and, instinctively, you call out his name. With wide eyes, he whips around and faces you with wide eyes. You two have really never talked, just had small conversations, so this was a surprise. But a welcome one.

For the first few seconds, you look like a deer caught in headlights just standing there. Eventually, once you gathered what dignity you still had, you cleared your throat and simply stated that you missed him. He is happy to hear that though, so he smiles and says 'thanks' before you hurry off.

However, it's only when you're too far gone that Miles realizes the importance of your comment, so he mumbles to himself: