Chapter 3

Third Person POV
"Baby, C. Come on, sweet girl. It's time to wake up," Louis said, probably for the hundredth time, as he gently shook the girl in her crib. She hadn't made a single movement to wake up, despite Louis's persistent efforts. It was already 9:17 a.m., and he was given the duty to wake Cadence up at 9:00 for breakfast.

Louis let out a sigh, rubbing his hand through his hair. "She's not dead," he kept mumbling to himself. He knew that at any moment now Liam would come into the nursery with more clothes he bought for their little.

Louis decided to pick Cadence up and try bouncing her awake. He lowered the crib bars and moved the baby blanket from her. He carefully lifted the girl up into his arms and settled her in a comfortable position.

Within another five minutes, Liam barged in with clothes in his hands, as expected, "hey mate, check these out. Also, why—-," he raised a questioning eyebrow at sleeping Cadence in Louis's arms.

"I know. I know," Louis nodded, accepting his defeat of the one task he was assigned. "She's impossible to wake up!" He exclaimed, walking around the room and bouncing Cadence on his hip, in hopes the movements will wake her. "Cadence, wake up for Dada please," he spoke gently but was slightly losing his patience.

"Have you asked Zaynie yet?" Liam questioned.

"No, not yet. I've been in here all morning," Louis sassed, rolling his eyes as if it was obvious he has spent all his time this morning trying to arouse Cadence.

"You could call him in here. He might know how to wake little one. He's also impossible to wake up," Liam explained, hanging up the clothes on hangers in Cadence's closet.

They both hollered for Zayn, thinking their loud voices would potentially wake Cadence up, but at the same time, felt guilty for yelling, knowing it easily startles the girl.

Zayn was in the kitchen, drinking his black coffee that he claims is amusing to "drink something that compares to his soul". He heard his name being shouted from the nursery and had to cut the conversation he was having with Harry, who was preparing breakfast. Meanwhile, Niall was watching Harry like a puppy begging for food.

Zayn made his way up the stairs and into the nursery. "What?" He questioned, crossing his arms like a "rebel without a cause". "Why is Cadence still asleep?" He looked between Liam and Louis, expecting an immediate response from one of them.

"Well, she's Sleeping Beauty. Quite literally," Louis stated bluntly, shifting Cadence over to his other hip and held her closer to the fan, hoping the cool air would wake her.

"Hmmm. Don't know what to tell you lads," Zayn shrugged casually, walking out of the nursery. Of course, he first had to kiss Cadence, because he was in awe of how adorable she looked as she slept.

"Fuck," Liam grumbled before looking at sleeping Cadence. He took in her cute physical traits: her gorgeous hair, her pale skin, the little moles on her face. Him and the lads have definitely won. Meanwhile, Louis chuckled lowly, a bit surprised at Liam's slight attitude to Zayn.

Eventually, the men brought down an awake but still sleepy, Cadence. She yawned and clung to Louis's shirt, keeping her head down and her eyes closed to block the light.

Harry and Niall were having a conversation, but it quickly was interrupted by the footsteps of the other boys entering the kitchen. They both turned to face Cadence, who was almost asleep again.

"Awww. Baby is so sleepy," Harry grinned at Cadence's tired eyes. "I've prepared breakfast and warmed it up," he stated.

Louis smiled at Cadence, but then made his way to her highchair. This motion made Cadence more aware of what was happening, because she immediately perked up a bit.