Chapter 6

Cadence's POV
M-I-S-E-R-Y. Misery. Misery. That's all I feel right now as I lay in this stupid crib. MISERY.

I don't know how long I've been here. Don't know whether it's been weeks or even months. So much has happened, and my mind toggles back and forth. It never gets a fucking break.

Some days here have been really good that I wish they never end. Other days have been a bit more so...how do I put it? I guess you could say...challenging?

The good days have been spent with tons of laughter in which I have received so much deserved appreciation, attention and affection from these boys. They constantly shower me with compliments and kisses. I love it when they tickle me for hours it can seem like. Moments of happiness allows me to lose track of time.

Now, for the challenging days, they have been struggles. Like fights and reoccurring panic attacks when getting diaper changes. And we can't forget about the battles of bath times. Or the long 30 minutes of just trying to settle me to sleep. Horrible.

The only thing I can't wrap my mind around is the fact none of these boys have lost their temper. Not even once. Instead, they've been patient with me this whole time. But why?

These are the thoughts running through my mind right now as I lay here feeling emotionless, hopeless, lifeless.

"What's wrong little one?" Liam asked me with a frown across his face, rubbing my shoulder.

"You seemed so happy yesterday, and then a rain cloud has drifted across that sunny face of yours. Is there something daddies can do to make it better?" Harry tried holding my hand, but I pulled it back.

I couldn't say anything, because every word I tried to start with filled my head with complete shame, and I couldn't form a sentence on it. Maybe, I want to leave.

"It's alright, baby. Let's get the day started. Maybe that will take away the grumpy clouds? Hmm?" Zayn cooed at me, but I only shook my head.

"Baby, you've barely done anything today. Come on," Louis tried picking me up from the crib for the 30th time today, but I simply dodged his attempt. At this point, I really want to just smack him. All of them.

"You need to eat, little C. It's not good for you to starve yourself. We were kind enough to let you skip breakfast, but now, you need to eat lunch," Niall stated. I could sense he was checking his watch. This has been going on for hours, but guess what: I don't give a fuck.

I ignored him by covering my ears to block his stupid words. Truth is, I don't NEED to do what I don't WANT to do.

"CeCe, talk to us, please, baby. Remember what I told you before? You can talk to us about how you're feeling. Whatever it is, we can work it out," Harry said, rubbing my cheek, but I swatted his arm, brushing him off.

"Cadence, don't do that. Instead, use your words. We're here for you, darling," Liam crouched down next to the crib so he was making eye contact with me through the bars. I rolled onto my other side, just keeping my intense stare towards the window. I want my freedom. It's out there.

I heard Liam sigh and stand up. "Do you lads think she's sick?" He murmured, and I couldn't tell but it sounded like he was..um..concerned? Is that what you say when you're worried about someone?

"I already checked her temperature, and she doesn't have a fever," Zayn said, and I could sense him peering at me.

"No. She's not sick, but she will be if she doesn't eat anything and keeps going on like this," Harry stated.

I screamed when he suddenly picked me up from the crib. "Stop! Put me down!" I tried hitting his arms with my fists. "I'm not putting you down, Cadence! Sorry, for yelling at you just now, but you gotta eat something," Harry argued back, holding me over his shoulder. I managed to kick him, causing him to drop me back into the crib.