Chapter 20

Gill had pea-green scales and brave, dark green eyes, he was large, twice as big as Anemone and wore golden bands around his ankles. "Claws up, tails ready, fight!" Vermillion yelled. Suddenly, Gill pounced onto Anemone! Anemone was able to jump above Gill on the last second. "He's fast," Moon muttered. Anemone was a terrible fighter, in the cave, Ostrich was the strongest, Kinkajou was the weakest, while Moon was second weakest, but Moon and Kinkajou both hated training, thus rarely or never training, even though Anemone trained, she was still a terrible fighter, on the last second, Anemone pinned Gill down. "I've won, you can all see that, I ask you all to let me let him live!" Anemone pleaded. "Kill him! Death! Snap his neck! Pull out his teeth! Gouge his eyes! Blood! Blood! we want blood!.." Perhaps our 'dragonet of destiny' doesn't have the stomach for battle, maybe war is too scary for her," Scarlet said glaring at the scratch Gill gave Anemone in her stomach. Then, Anemone snapped Gills neck, and the SeaWing was dead. "Disappointing," Scarlet said. "Catastrophic, look, the idiots love her now," Burn said. "Don't worry, I have a plan," Scarlet said. "But now it's time for the NightWing! My hatching day present to me!" Scarlet said. The SkyWing guards began to unlatch the stone-steel collar attached to Moon's neck. "Wait! Let me fighter for her instead!" Umber pleaded. "The rarest of all dragons- a real live NightWing! Let's see what happens when two dragonets of destiny have to fight eachother!" Vermillion called, ignoring Umber's plead. "Anemone of the SeaWings and Moonwatcher of the NightWings! Claws up, teeth ready, fight!" Vermillion yelled. When it looked like Anemone was about to attack Moon, she ran up to her, and hugged her with her neck. "Guards! Bring in the IceWings!" Scarlet yelled. "Finally a smart idea," Burn snarked. "Unchain them all! Four IceWings shouldn't be too much for the famous dragonets of destiny!" Scarlet yelled. "Put me in with them! Let me fight too!" Umber pleaded. Then, a flock of. . . NightWings! Came swarming above the sky palace! And the NightWing that came down, was Morrowseer. "That NightWing dragonet is ours," Morrowseer said. What about the rest of us? Umber thought. "Ours who? We found her with the Talons of peace," Scarlet said. "Have the NightWings chosen a side? Are you allying with traitors now?" Burn asked. Morrowseer, over here! Dragonets of destiny! Umber thought. "No, I claim this dragonet as ours, we will take her and go," Morrowseer snarked. "Oh, will you?" Scarlet asked. "Do not anger the NightWings, sky dragon," Morrowseer said. Come on! Can't you hear me? We need help! Umber pleaded in his mind. "No! I want to see a NightWing fight IceWings! It's my hatching day!" Scarlet hissed. "Those IceWings?" Morrowseer asked, "very well." He then made a signal with his tail and then many NightWings came diving down, attacking the IceWings, and then seconds later, they died. Umber was surprised, the spectators were unmotivated, Moon was also surprised, and Scarlet was furious. "There, we've taken care of your IceWing problem, now we'll take our dragonet and go," Morrowseer said. Morrowseer then picked up Moon. "Wait! What about my friends?" She asked. Yes, what about us? Umber thought. "Wait!" Moon pleaded. But it was too late, they were already in the sky. "I will have one thing go right today," Scarlet said, "guards! Clean up that mess down there! And fetch my champion! On behalf of the prisoner Kestrel, my champion Sky has asked to fight a dragon of my choosing, if Sky wins, Kestrel goes free, if she loses- then I'll have to get a new champion, I know: you think Sky can't lose, well, it happens we have here today today a dragon whose scales are impervious to fire!" Uh-oh, Umber thought, looking at Sky. "Isn't that thrilling?" Scarlet asked the crowd. A SkyWing guard unlatched the collar around Umber's neck. Sky went charging for Umber, but Umber knocked him away.