𝟗

The sound of someone tiptoeing around the room woke Luna from her sleep. The previous night had been eventful, to say the least, and she was not expecting it to end with her best friend's sister in bed with her. All she knew was that Steven owed her AND Belly a massive apology for how he treated them. "Are you awake?" a voice whispered.

"Only just," Luna replied as she stretched out her arms and rubbed her eyes. "What are you doing?" she questioned as she realised Belly was routing through her clothes.

"I met this guy last night and - I'll tell you later - I just need to get ready quickly if I want to catch him before the boat leaves," she responded.

Luna chuckled and jumped up from her bed, handing her one of her hoodies. "I'm guessing you don't want the guys to know, so-" she paused as she noticed the rather large bruise around Belly's eye. She grabbed her face and turned it side to side, inspecting the damage. "Who do I need to fight?"

"Don't worry about it."

"I might not be that tall, but I'm very good at biting ankles," Luna joked. Belly sent her a smile and shook her head. "Seriously though, what happened?"

"Conrad-"

"I will kill him."

Belly panicked and waved her hands. "No, no, it's not what you think. I just got caught in the middle of him fighting some creepy guy. Please don't tell my mum, you know what she's like."

"Belly-"

"Promise me."

"Fine," Luna hesitantly responded. She didn't want to be caught in the middle of the drama, but it would be extremely hypocritical of her to say anything since she had asked the same of Conrad previously. "Your secret is safe with me. However, I'm a little bit disappointed that there's no ankle biting for me."

"There's still time," Belly joked.

"You better get going if you want to see this mysterious lover man," Luna smiled, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"Gross, I'm going now," Belly said, a slight roll of her eyes as she made her way out of the bedroom. 'They grow up so fast' Luna thought to herself as she plopped back down onto the bed, reaching over to her medication and gulping it down.

'Another hour of sleep won't hurt' she thought as she rested her head against the pillow. However, it was short-lived as her phone buzzing disturbed her peace.

Luna smiled at her nickname, but quickly shook it off as she remembered she was supposed to be angry at him

Luna smiled at her nickname, but quickly shook it off as she remembered she was supposed to be angry at him. 'He did apologise' she thought to herself, if she wanted this summer to be perfect she had to let go of any anger.

♡︎

Luna sat at the kitchen table, reading 'The Maze Runner', as she tried her best not to glance over to her best friend, something she was finding hard — especially when he was being extremely goofy. Laurel walked in and took a seat at the counter, glancing behind her. "Medication?" she mouthed. Luna nodded in response, annoyed that she had brought it up with everyone around. She just hoped that no one had seen the exchange — but one person had.