Chapter 5

(Outfit above) BACK IN TOWN

(Outfit above)
BACK IN TOWN

Azure sits in the room given to her and her husband for their time in town. Damien comes in from the side room, after talking with Hansel and Gretel. "They're wondering about the man's words aren't they?" Azure asks, fiddling with her hands.

"They are mihi pythonissam," Damien replies, changing out of his leather clothes. "We knew we'd see her one day."

"I know," Azure says, "I wonder how she's doing? Maybe I could get her to change and bring her back."

"With what she's been doing, I don't think you'll be able to, but please try. For your sake and her's," Damien says, sitting beside Azure and taking her hands in his. "C'mon lets get some sleep."

Azure nods, and the couple climbs into bed falling asleep quickly.

Azure's dream/premonition

Standing in the woods, Azure looks upon the scene finding her sister and herself standing together on one side. Both of them dressed in white and black, their skin clear as day. She looks to the other side of her, finding herself standing to the side as Hansel and Gretel chop off Muriel's head.

In the other room, Gretel dreams of the night her father left her and Hansel in the woods, and awakes when her father blows out the candle. She leans over the side of her bed seeing Hansel laying on the floor. "Hey," she says quietly, offering her hand.

He takes it gently and lays back, "hey."

"I just had this really weird dream," Gretel says.

"Oh yeah," Hansel says, receiving a sound of confirmation. "About what?"

"I think it was about our mother," Gretel says.

"Hmm, we don't talk about that," Hansel says, rolling under the bed, "go to sleep." Gretel sighs, climbing out of the bed. She walks over to the table that holds the blood moon papers and looks at them thoughtfully. Her head snaps to the door, her body relaxing when Azure walks through.

"What has you awake?" Azure asks softly, as to not wake Hansel. Azure walks over to Gretel, her nightgown billowing around her legs.

"A memory from the night our father left us in the woods," Gretel says, "there has to be a reason why he left us right?" she asks thoughtfully.

"Your parents undoubtedly loved you both, they would have a very good reason to bring you in the woods and to have left you," Azure tells the young huntress.

"Back in the bar earlier tonight, what were you trying to tell us?" Gretel asks, remembering the seriousness in Azure's voice. Azure nods, hesitant to tell her.

"I'd rather tell you when the boys are awake," Azure tells her, "it has to do with the man's words."

"Is it something bad?" Gretel asks.