Weapons and blood

Mihira is a weapon

Mihira is a weapon.

The day she had wrapped her hand around a stone, the day she had held a laathi, the day a dagger had strayed in her hand. She had been a weapon for long before she understood the concept.

She frothed at the mouth for a chance of blood on her hands, she relished yells of pain she caused. There was venom in her veins and her gums ached for the need to tear something apart— a guard dog, as she had been called multiple times.

And yet, she had never been so profoundly sadistic as the Red Murderer.

Rukmanetra and her were visiting Abhayam at his shop and she felt the need for blood rise in her throat again. What she wouldn't do to kill the man who called her incompetent based on her gender.

"Officers." Abhayam nodded in greetings as he led them to a side table, sitting down on the table. "How may I assist you today?"

How rude, Mihira thought with a smirk, unbothered by his lack of propriety. Rukmanetra shifted, half hiding her from Abhayam's gaze. "We apologise for bothering you, mahoday, but we wished to ask you for the account of oleanders you own."

Abhayam frowned, crossing his arms over his chest. "And what for?"

"We have reason to believe that the murderer is fond of the flowers." Rukmanetra said, sounding completely serious.

Abhayam uncrossed his arms and put them on the table to lean on. "You do realise that you are harassing my business, sir?" When Rukmanetra did not answer,"I will not get more customers for the frequent visits of field officers in my shop— no matter how pretty the woman accompanying them is." He sneered at Mihira.

Mihira pursed her lips, lazily looking at the man over Rukmanetra's shoulder. She had a mad urge to rest her chin on the prince's shoulder, just to taunt the business man. She knew her limits, of course, and she wouldn't transgress them, but the temptation was there.

It would be so easy to kill him, she thought, he underestimated her so much. He would never see her coming.

(Who made you kneel, boy? Who was the woman who stepped on your confidence?)

Rukmanetra nodded and looked down in acceptence. "I apologise for the inconvenience again, sir. I reiterate, this is vital to the investigation."

Abhayam crossed his arms again, tapping his bicep with his fingers, scowling,"And I must subject my trade to suffer for your inability to capture a simple murderer?"

He looked like he would say something more but the docile looking woman, who Mihira assumes to be his wife, dropped a book beside him on the table.

Tongue in cheek, he passed the book to them.

Mihira licked her lips.

Mihira is a weapon, the best of them, really. She knows when to not misfire.

____________________________________________________