Chapter 8: Ruthless

Lin Feng was seething with anger.

He had lowered his posture and begged for Lin Yuzhen's forgiveness, and this was how Jiang Ning responded?

He had given them a way out, but they still didn't know how to appreciate it!

"You...you just wait for me!"

Lin Feng muttered angrily, fearing that Jiang Ning might lose his temper again, and he hurriedly left.

Inside the house, Su Mei and Lin Wen exchanged glances and then looked at Lin Yuzhen.

"Could this escalate the situation?" Su Mei asked. Lin Feng's parting words had clearly been a threat.

Lin Yuzhen couldn't help feeling worried. She knew exactly who Lin Qiang and his son were. Lin Qiang had never treated Lin Wen as his brother, let alone consider Lin Wen's family as relatives. If provoked, he was capable of doing anything.

"I hope not," Lin Yuzhen replied.

Jiang Ning, who had been silent, suddenly spoke up, "They offended us, not the other way around. I've said it before, I won't allow anyone to bully you."

His words filled the room with a sudden and palpable tension, and even Lin Feng felt a shiver down his spine.

"Jiang Ning, don't push it too far!" Lin Feng shouted, his anger reaching its limit. He had been willing to apologize and beg Jiang Ning, but Jiang Ning was taking things too far.

"You..."

He wanted to insult Jiang Ning, but he restrained himself. This unpredictable man was taking advantage of the situation.

"Let your father come to apologize, or face the consequences!" Jiang Ning declared firmly.

At that moment, the room was thick with tension. Lin Feng was on the brink of losing his temper, but he knew that doing so would only make things worse.

Defeated, Lin Feng gritted his teeth and turned to leave. He couldn't believe that Jiangning had humiliated him like this.

As he walked away, Jiangning continued to eat his meal, and Lin Yuzhen and her parents remained silent, watching Lin Feng's retreating figure.

One hour passed.

Su Mei had finished washing the dishes and saw that Jiangning had gone to take a shower. She hurriedly entered Lin Yuzhen's room.

"Mom?"

"Yuzhen, who is this Jiangning? What kind of person is he?" Su Mei asked in a hushed tone. "I feel like he's different when it comes to you."

Lin Yuzhen blushed and replied, "What are you talking about? We just met."

She bit her lip, but ever since she had met Jiangning, he had been protecting her and her family, not allowing Lin Qiang and his son to bully them.

"Did you really let him sleep in your room tonight?" Su Mei was concerned about that. Although Jiangning was technically Lin Yuzhen's husband now, they hadn't fully accepted him as part of the family.

"He has a mental illness!" Su Mei was worried that Jiangning might harm Lin Yuzhen.

Lin Yuzhen hesitated for a moment, thinking about Jiangning's clear gaze. "He won't harm me."

Squeak!

The bathroom door opened, and Su Mei quickly left, forming words with her lips, "I have an iron rod in my room. Call me if you need anything!"

Lin Yuzhen blushed even more, her heart racing. Did she really have to let Jiangning sleep in her room?

Thud, thud, thud!

There was another knock on the door.

Lin Wen, looking like a frightened cat, opened the door but didn't dare to speak. Su Mei gave him a fierce look, and he stayed put.

"Who is it?" Su Mei called out.

"It's me, Aunt," came the reply. "It's Lin Feng."

Upon hearing this, Su Mei and Lin Yuzhen exchanged glances. Why was he here again? Did he come to beg Lin Yuzhen?

Both mother and daughter turned their gazes toward Jiangning, but Jiangning continued to eat his meal, paying no attention.

"Mom, Dad, is Yuzhen here?"

Lin Feng's voice sounded somewhat resentful and reluctant. He had never begged anyone like this before.

Su Mei went to the door, opened it, and saw Lin Feng with a smile on his face.

"Aunt, are you eating? Is Yuzhen here?"

Lin Feng was trying hard to be ingratiating, even more so than when he was with his father. He stuck his head inside and saw Lin Yuzhen sitting there. He quickly greeted her with a smile, "Yuzhen, are you eating? I came to apologize to you. I hope you can forgive me this time."

Lin Yuzhen, Lin Feng, and Su Mei were all momentarily stunned. Could it be that Lin Feng was actually willing to apologize and beg Lin Yuzhen?

"Yuzhen, think about it. We need you at Lin Industries. You're the only one who can help us. Please don't be angry anymore."

Lin Feng bent over slightly, wearing an apologetic expression. "My father is too busy, so he asked me to come and apologize to you. Please, just go back. There are so many projects that still need your guidance."

He said this while glancing at Jiangning, who was sitting there.

Lin Feng's words were polite, but his heart was cursing.

After this project was over, he would have to figure out a way to deal with this family!

But Jiangning had no intention of accepting Lin Feng's apology. He hadn't forgiven him at all.

"No."

Unexpectedly, it was Lin Yuzhen who spoke up, breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"I won't go back."

Lin Feng was taken aback. "Yuzhen, think about it. We need you at Lin Industries. You're the only one who can help us. Please don't be angry anymore."

"Where is your dad?"

Lin Yuzhen didn't know how to respond, but Jiangning jumped in, continuing to eat as he spoke.

"He's the one who fired Yuzhen. If he wants to apologize, he should do it himself. Otherwise, we won't accept it."

Lin Feng's anger flared up. How dare Jiangning be so unreasonable!

"You..."

He wanted to curse at Jiangning, but he held himself back.

This crazy person was taking advantage of the situation!

"Let your dad come to apologize. Otherwise, he'll have to face the consequences."

Jiangning had a firm resolve in his eyes.

"Father, mother, Yuzhen is your precious daughter. You used to take care of her when she was wronged. Now that she's my wife, it's my responsibility to protect her. If anyone dares to bully her, I will make them pay the price!"

Suddenly, an overwhelming and terrifying murderous intent filled the room. The air seemed to grow colder, and Lin Feng felt a shiver run down his spine.

"Jiangning, don't go too far!"

Lin Feng had reached his limit.

He had even been willing to apologize and beg Jiangning, but Jiangning was pushing things too far.

"Get your father to apologize, or face the consequences!" Jiangning declared firmly.

In that moment, the atmosphere in the room was heavy with tension, and Lin Feng was on the verge of losing his temper. But he knew that if he did, he would only make things worse.

Defeated, Lin Feng gritted his teeth and turned to leave.

He couldn't believe that he, Lin Feng, had been humiliated like this by Jiangning.

As he walked away, Jiangning continued to eat his meal, and Lin Yuzhen and her parents remained silent, watching Lin Feng's retreating figure.