Chapter 36: Losing Face

"What? Are there still people in Donghai that Brother Tiger can't afford to offend?"

Lin Qiang raised an eyebrow. "It seems like I've chosen the wrong person."

Black Tiger glanced at Lin Qiang, thinking that this businessman wasn't a good person either. He had already expressed his dissatisfaction.

If Lin Qiang were to spread this matter, it wouldn't be good for Black Tiger's reputation.

"Hmph, Mr. Lin, don't underestimate me, Black Tiger," Black Tiger said. "I know how much weight I carry."

"But what about those brothers who have been detained?"

"They are all my people, and of course, I can't just ignore them. Otherwise, it would shake the hearts of my brothers under my command."

Some of his subordinates who were standing not far away nodded secretly. They had been watching Black Tiger's attitude, hoping that he would take action to rescue their brothers. But so far, Black Tiger hadn't reacted.

Black Tiger was unwilling to part with the 6.8 million yuan.

"I don't believe they dare to keep my people detained forever! They'll find an opportunity to escape, and when that happens, you'll see how I deal with those guys with Huang Yuming!"

At these words, some of the subordinates standing by were taken aback. Did Black Tiger mean that he still wouldn't pay to ransom his people and that the other brothers should find a way to escape on their own? Did money mean more to him than his so-called brothers?

Even Lin Qiang's face displayed a hint of disdain. It was clear that Black Tiger's way of managing his people was bound to cause problems sooner or later.

"Brother Tiger!"

Suddenly, a man walked in from outside, looking a bit unhappy. "Something's happened!"

"What happened again!"

Black Tiger was becoming increasingly annoyed. Why did things keep going wrong?

"It's about those detained brothers."

The man's expression was somewhat strange. "They've been released."

"Released?"

Black Tiger's eyes lit up when he heard this. "That's good news. I knew that Huang Yuming was just putting on a show. Did he dare to keep my people detained?"

This way, he could save the 6.8 million yuan!

"But..."

The man hesitated for a moment, looking embarrassed. "They haven't come back. They stayed at the construction site and are working for free. They don't want a single cent in wages."

"What did you say!"

Black Tiger suddenly stood up.

He stared at the subordinate and said, "Say it again!"

His eyes seemed to be spewing fire!

His subordinates were working for others at the construction site and not accepting any wages?

Were they trying to embarrass him?

"Brother Tiger, since you refused to pay the ransom for them, they... they can only work and earn money to redeem their freedom themselves."

The subordinate lowered his voice, not daring to speak loudly.

"Nonsense!"

Black Tiger kicked the chair away angrily, his face flushed with anger. "Are they worthless? Sixty or seventy people, can't they find an opportunity to escape? Is someone watching them day and night?"

"Useless! They're embarrassing me, Black Tiger!"

"Just these kinds of useless people, and they want me to pay a hundred thousand to ransom one person? Are they worthy?"

Black Tiger was furious and scolded loudly. He had never felt so humiliated before.

Sending out sixty or seventy people, not only had the job not been done, but they had also been captured by someone else. That was already embarrassing enough.

Now, they were even working for free?

It was as if they were pressing his face to the ground and stomping on it with their shoes!

"Brother Tiger, it seems that I made a mistake in handling this matter."

Lin Qiang got up and shook his head with a smile.

He had spent five million yuan, and this was the result? Black Tiger couldn't lose any more face.

"Mr. Lin, rest assured, after taking your money, I will definitely get the job done for you!"

Black Tiger said angrily, "I've been in Donghai City for so many years; I won't let such a small matter tarnish my reputation!"

Lin Qiang didn't say anything, but the skeptical smile on his face made Black Tiger even more uncomfortable.

"Get all the brothers here for me!"

Black Tiger gritted his teeth. "No one has ever dared to act recklessly in my territory, not even Huang Yuming!"

"Tomorrow, bring those useless bastards back to me. I'm going to give them a good lesson!"