Chapter 45: A Creepy Crawl

Black Dragon has returned?

The top-ranking tough guy is back?

Huang Yuming dared to cripple Black Tiger, who is Black Dragon's brother! No matter how big Huang Yuming's business has grown, even if he has some reputation in the underground circles, he understands that provoking Black Dragon may cost him his life. Even if he brings 50 million and kneels before Black Dragon to apologize, it's likely he will still end up losing more than just his money.

At the Gold & Jade Restaurant, Jiangning came to take out two dishes to bring back to Lin Wen. Huang Yuming was already waiting there. When Jiangning arrived, he instructed the chef to prepare the dishes while he invited Jiangning into a private room.

"Black Dragon has indeed returned," Huang Yuming sighed. "He's demanding that I pay him five million yuan in compensation and kneel before him to apologize."

He knew that Black Dragon's word was final, and even if he knelt and offered five million, Black Dragon would most likely still make him pay dearly. He was a ferocious man. He had quite the reputation in East Sea, and his influence was further increased in the provincial capital's underground circles.

"Five million? I can't afford it, and I can't possibly pay it," Jiangning said. He wasn't asking for money; he was waiting to hear how Huang Yuming intended to deal with Black Dragon.

"Just let him come," Jiangning seemed nonchalant, "He's just a worm; why are you nervous?"

Huang Yuming forced a smile. In Jiangning's eyes, Black Dragon was just a worm, but from his perspective, Black Dragon was a formidable adversary.

Not only was Black Dragon notorious, he had caused quite a commotion in East Sea a few years ago. Moreover, he currently held a significant position in the provincial capital's underground circles.

By taking action against Black Dragon, they might upset the entire underground world in the provincial capital. Huang Yuming knew Jiangning was capable, but he had only arrived in East Sea not too long ago. Picking a fight with such a powerful figure could lead to trouble.

"In the five years you've been in East Sea, you must have made quite a bit of money, right?" Jiangning suddenly asked.

Huang Yuming nodded. "Thanks to Big Brother and Brother Fei's support, I've made some."

"Legitimate business that makes money is fine, but some dirty deals might burn you," Jiangning stated. He wasn't just offering advice; it was a warning.

Huang Yuming's heart skipped a beat. He had been involved in some shady deals, and it was easy money despite the illegal nature. Even though he kept a low profile, Jiangning seemed to know about it. This wasn't a reminder but a warning. Huang Yuming suddenly realized that Jiangning had come to East Sea to clean up the entire underground world, and now he was included in the cleanup.

"Got it, Big Brother, I'll take care of it immediately."

Jiangning was giving him an opportunity, and he had to seize it.

"Alright, Afei said you're not a bad person, so I'm giving you this chance. Make the most of it."

Jiangning rose, realizing the food was ready. "I'll deal with that worm for you; you focus on your own affairs."

"Understood!"

Huang Yuming replied respectfully.

Jiangning left, and Huang Yuming's back was soaked in sweat. Even though Jiangning hadn't said anything menacing, he could sense that anyone involved in dirty money would face a grim fate.

Jiangning's purpose for coming to East Sea seemed to be more than just dealing with Lin Yuzhen. There was something else going on.

"You guys, immediately divest yourselves of those businesses. Donate all the money you make to charitable organizations!" Huang Yuming decided firmly. "Use the money to build a library, an amusement park, donate to schools, and hospitals in East Sea. Do you understand?"

"But Big Brother, we might lose a lot of money doing that."

"Hmph, are you still thinking about making money now?" Huang Yuming snorted. "This kind of dirty money shouldn't be earned. I was shortsighted in the beginning. Are you still shortsighted now? Act immediately!"

"Yes!"

Soon, a new wave swept through the underground world.