Chapter 22: No Sense of Proportion!

Su Mei didn't know how to handle the situation. Five million yuan! That was a huge amount of money, and she couldn't just take it casually. She believed that even as compensation, they didn't need so much.

She wasn't aware that East Sea Bank's losses, if they couldn't gain her forgiveness, were far greater than just two hundred billion yuan.

"It's too much. I really can't accept it. Two hundred yuan for medical expenses is enough," Su Mei said.

Without waiting for her confirmation, Xue Hang and his team continued bowing, not daring to lift their heads.

"Then I'll accept it for now," Su Mei said helplessly. She didn't know how to refuse, so she decided to wait for Lin Yuzhen to come back and help her figure it out.

Seeing that Su Mei was willing to accept, Xue Hang and his team finally breathed a sigh of relief. They had thought Su Mei might demand an exorbitant amount, but now they felt embarrassed.

"Su Mei! Come out! You hit my brother's car and now you're hiding at home? Come out and compensate me!" a loud voice shouted from outside.

"D*mn, is it just this family? They even dared to hit my car! Come out and pay me, or I'll break in and cause trouble!"

Suddenly, loud voices came from outside, threatening to enter.

Zhang Rong rolled up his sleeves, ready to take action. Today, he wouldn't settle for less than one million yuan!

Inside the house, Su Mei frowned. Yesterday, Jiangning did indeed hit a car, and it was an expensive one at that.

But it was the other driver who had deliberately blocked the road.

"I'm sorry, I'll go out and take a look first," Su Mei said.

Su Mei walked out, and Zhang Cui was shouting angrily with her hands on her hips.

"Just buying a BMW, what's so special about it? You even dare to hit my brother's Porsche? Do you know how much my brother's Porsche costs?"

"Do you know how much that Porsche costs? It can buy several of your cars! You're just being reckless because you have money!"

Zhang Cui, unusually confident, attracted the attention of many neighbors.

She wanted everyone to see that, compared to a Porsche, a BMW was nothing.

"Are you Su Mei? You hit my car yesterday, it was you guys!"

Zhang Rong, seeing Su Mei come out, sneered, "Just a broken BMW, and you dare to be arrogant. Now let's see how you compensate us. Prepare to sell everything you have!"

"I'll tell you, my car costs over a million yuan! And now it's totaled!"

Su Mei turned pale. Over a million yuan for a car?

They couldn't afford to compensate for that.

But now it was too late to say anything; Jiangning had indeed hit the other person's car.

"Zhang Rong?"

Just as Su Mei was about to speak, Xue Hang, who had followed her out, furrowed his brows. "What are you doing here?"

"Mr. Xue!"

Zhang Rong was taken aback. Why was the head of the bank here? And why was he coming out of Su Mei's house?

He felt as if he had been struck by lightning and stood there, unable to move.

In front of the bank's head, he, as a mere department head, didn't even have the qualifications to be a shoe-shiner.