Chapter 35: Stinging

"Jiang Ning!"

Lin Yuzhen shouted, "You're not allowed to talk about my dad like that!"

Her eyes were red, and tears flowed uncontrollably. No one was allowed to speak ill of her father!

But Jiang Ning didn't back down. "If you could be stronger, if you could stand up for yourselves, would my mom and Yuzhen have to endure this kind of treatment?"

"Do you know how long my mom has been wearing that same dress?"

"Does she even buy cosmetics anymore?"

"Yuzhen could have continued her education and pursued her master's degree. Why did she start working at the Lin Corporation right after graduating with her bachelor's degree?"

"She leaves home at dawn and returns at night, working harder and longer than anyone else. But does she get paid more?"

Jiang Ning's words tore Lin Wen apart, stripping away all his dignity. He showed no mercy, and Lin Wen felt utterly humiliated.

Taking care of his wife poorly, failing to protect his daughter, what kind of man was he?

"Jiang Ning... I beg you, please stop."

Lin Yuzhen tugged at Jiang Ning's sleeve. "Please don't hurt my dad anymore, okay?"

Jiang Ning looked at Lin Yuzhen and pulled the car over to the side of the road.

"I haven't hurt him; he's been hurting himself all along."

Jiang Ning said, "His legs may be disabled, but now his whole person is crippled."

"Jiang Ning, you're right."

Lin Wen smiled bitterly. "I've been kneeling for too long, not because my legs can't stand up, but because I can't stand up mentally."

"I can heal your legs, make you stand up again, but if you can't stand up mentally, there's no point in fixing your legs."

Jiang Ning was blunt.

Lin Wen looked up and met Jiang Ning's gaze.

"My mom chose you. Can you bear to let her lose for a lifetime?"

Boom!

Lin Wen felt like his head had exploded.

Let Su Mei lose for a lifetime?

She had married him, a useless, disabled man. She had been ridiculed by her family countless times, but she had never complained in front of him.

He used to pretend not to know, but now, could he still pretend?

"No!"

Lin Wen suddenly clenched his fists, and his face looked somewhat fierce. "I can't let her lose for a lifetime! She's my wife, and I can't let her be mocked by others because of me!"

Jiang Ning nodded and restarted the car.

"That's right. Get ready, our family is going to rise."

After saying this, both Lin Wen and Lin Yuzhen were stunned. Our family is going to rise? What did Jiang Ning mean by that?

However, Jiang Ning didn't say anything more.

Back at home, Lin Wen's eyes were bloodshot, and he returned to his room without saying a word. He lay down and started to sleep, making Su Mei worry.

"Yuzhen, what happened exactly?"

Lin Yuzhen shook her head. After Jiang Ning said those words, Lin Wen had become like this. She was also worried and cast a blaming glance at Jiang Ning for saying such harsh words.

"Don't worry, Mom. Dad is just tired. Tomorrow, he'll be a different man for you."

After saying that, Jiang Ning went back to his room.

Meanwhile, at the hot spring club.

Black Tiger had an unpleasant expression on his face. He stared at Lin Qiang and said coldly, "Mr. Lin, you are being very dishonest, deliberately concealing so much information."

"And what about Mr. Huang Yuming's involvement in the project? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Brother Tiger, you're overthinking it. This is my Lin family's project. What does it have to do with Huang Yuming? He only exchanged our money for the channel. We've settled the accounts."

Lin Qiang sneered. "But that Lin Yuzhen seems to have some ability. She must have served Huang Yuming well for him to be so unreserved."

"I don't care about that."

Black Tiger waved his hand. "Because of your matter, my sixty-eight brothers are still stuck at the construction site. It costs a hundred thousand each. How do we resolve this issue?"

Lin Qiang smiled faintly and remained silent.

How to resolve it?

You've already taken half a million from me, and the job still hasn't been done. Do you think it's easy to squeeze more money out of me now?

"Now that you've involved Huang Yuming, it's not going to be easy to resolve this matter," Black Tiger said. "Furthermore, I've contacted Huang Yuming, and he mentioned that there are other people behind this. People I can't afford to offend!"