chapter 7 cloudy with a chance of demigods

Jason pov

how can he be so heavy when he is so scrawny, Jason thought while leo sat on his shoulders. 

He was flying at the side of the argo 2 while Leo was trying to fix some broken oars. efter their little meating with kym ( i can't remember how you spell her name) the ship had taken a few hits. so they had docked near a town to do a few repairs. and when he said a few he meant a lot of repairs. Percy's sister had some temper. 

Great, Jason thought now he was thinking of percy. and when he thought of percy he thought of annabeth. Piper and Frank almost carried her back from sparta. when they had told Jason that the cave was a temple to phobos and deimos the 2 gods of fear, Jason had mentally and literally slapped himself. 

of course the spartans would have a temple to the war god and his sons. Annabeth was a mess after that. She eats even less than before and she spends all the time in percy's room. She tried to help during the hurricane. but only more difficult as they had to look after her. and it didn't help when she found out that it was percy's sister that was behind it. 

Jason was pulled out of his thoughts when Leo said " a little higher". Jason flew a little higher and it wasn't easy flying in 1 spot when you rely on wind powers. and leos constant moving around didn't help either. "What did you have for breakfast?" Jason said to Leo " bricks".

 "It's the toolbelt," Leo said back. " I thought you said that you can carry as much as you want in it and it wouldn't weigh anything," Jason said. " quit complaining and fly straight". Leo said " I am almost done". " good " Jason said " this is embarrassing". " How do you think I feel" Leo said.

 the oar that he was tinkering with sparked and leo said " that should do it. now fly us up". " with pleasure " Jason grumbled and flew to the deck. Hazel was waiting for them on the deck. when she saw them she said " that is either very funny or very weird ". 

Jason ignored her and put Leo down. Then he stretched his back and rubbed his shoulders. Leo went over to his control panels and started pushing buttons. The oar that they had just fixed started moving. "We won't be flying for a while but it should get us to delos " he said. " Okay " Jason said and he leaned against the mast. " Anything wrong, " Hazel asked. " No," he said immediately. 

Hazel looked at him and he said " Yes. There is something wrong. Why are we doing this?. We are trying to get this cure to death. But isn't it a bit too late? " he snapped at hazel. She looked shocked. " sorry " Jason said " I didn't mean to..". " It's okay, " Hazel said. " but you heard what nike said in olympia. We will need the cure to save someone we love".

 "Yeah but still, " he said and sighed. Then Piper and Frank came up to the deck. They looked like they had just seen someone die. "How is Annabeth? " Jason said. "She has finished eating and is sleeping," Frank said. " I had to charmspeak her into both, " Piper grumbled. 

Jason's shoulders slumped like Leo was sitting on them again. " Don't think that, " Piper said. "Think what" Jason said. " think that it's your fault " . " It is my fault, " Jason said. " No it isn't," Frank said. " Yes it is" Jason said " I shouldn't have let Annabeth go with you ". " You couldn't have known that the temple was dedicated to the twin gods of fear '' Leo said. " I should have known," Jason said '' with Percy gone and Annabeth in the state she is in, I am supposed to be the leader".

 "Jason there is a reason there are 2 predators in new rome '' Frank said " no one can carry the weight of the world on their own". " actually some of the demigods in camp half blood told that both percy and annabeth has literally carried the weight of the world on their own" leo said. Frank and Hazel looked confused and said in unison " what ".