X: Too Many Thoughts

Third POV
As the ship docked, Katsuki barely looked at Izuku.

The Prime alpha pressed another kiss to his temple and profusely apologized, but Katsuki stayed silent.

Katsuki's throat was all clamped up, and if he answered Izuku he was sure to break out into tears.

Work was one thing.

Choosing it over your husband was another.

Katsuki sucked in a breath as he entered his vehicle, slamming the door shut, exhaling it and covering his face up with his palms to let what had happened sink in.

He waited for Izuku's vehicle to disappear first before he started driving home.

The drive was silent and suffocating.

Katsuki could feel his heart pound in his chest, not letting the honking, or the sound of his tires beat down on the asphalt on the road distract him.

When he did arrive home, he didn't even greet Asui who had a stoic yet slightly hopeful look on her face.

Judging by his reaction, something had to have been amiss.

Yet she couldn't pry. That wasn't her duty.

And when he finally came to their bedroom, he stopped to the foot of the bed.

His breath shaky as he completely collapsed onto the ground.

A heavy thud was heard as he tossed his shoes aside and curled up into a tight ball, beginning to sob his heart out.

Everything went clammy and cold for Katsuki, swallowing briskly every five second and shaking with pain as his throat and chest hurt with emotional distress.

At some point he'd managed to crawl onto the bed, rolling to his side before grabbing the edge of the comforter and rolling himself up in it, essentially swaddling him.

He sniffled hard, patting himself on the back in a sad attempt to soothe himself.

With each following tear drop, his eyes grew heavy and he eventually passed out right then and there.

Concluding their make-up dinner night.

• • • Next Morning • • •

It was still dark in the primary bedroom of the Midoriya Manor, and yet Katsuki was positive Izuku had come back.

He felt the bed shift as if someone had just gotten on.

He felt the Prime alpha's arms unravel from his body and a kiss get pressed to slightly underneath his jaw.

"...Sleep well, beautiful..." he mumbled, slipping away from Katsuki, and most likely headed to the bathroom.

He just came back and was already leaving again.

What was his deal..?

When Katsuki finally found his nerves, he mustered the courage to turn over to see a rose laying besides his head.

Still on track, although things felt different.