5

ACHYUT

"Maa bas bhi karo. Mera pet phat jayega aur thoda bhi khaya toh."

I said drinking a sip of water. 

(Ma stop. My stomach will burst if I eat a little bit more.) 

Maa simply glared at me and served gajar ka halwa to me. 

"Bhai kha le na. Tujhe nahi pata how much maa missed you. She literally prepared your favourite foods every weekend with a hope that you'll come home today maybe." 

Ansh replied, stuffing his mouth with a large bite of halwa. 

(Brother please eat. You don't know how much mom misses you.) 

Listening to this I simply glanced towards maa. She was busy ordering something to Shanti Mausi,our maid. Maybe asking her to prepare more of my favourite foods. Sometimes I feel she works too much. She does too much for everyone. And many times I am not even able to do bare minimum things for her. I should definitely take her out on a date someday. 

I have been eating continuously since yesterday. The moment I stepped inside the house, it already smelled like my favourite foods only. I love eating food. But sometimes there should be a pause button. 

"Maaaaaaaaa."

I shouted. 

She came from the kitchen running. 

"All good?? What happened? Why are you shouting??"
She asked in a single breath. 

With a playful grin I replied, 
"Nothing maa. Just come,sit here and feed me. Talk to me maa. I am home after so many months. Tell me what happened in all your kitty parties. Give me all your gossip."

She shot me a look but still took a seat beside me and started making a bite for me. When she fed me the first bite, Ansh cleared his throat letting us know about his presence. 

"Aap ka ek aur beta bhi hai."
He said, crossing his arms across his chest. 
(You have one more son too.) 

"Umm, correction. Adopted beta."
I said stuffing halwa in my mouth. 

"Maaaa dekho na."
He whined, making me giggle.
It's always so fun to irritate your younger siblings. 

Hitting my arms lightly maa chided, 
"Arth stop teasing your brother."

Maa always calls me Arth instead of Achyut. According to her I gave meaning to my parents' relationship and their love, so it fits better. And I love this name more than my official name. 

"So what are your plans for tonight?"
Ansh asked, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"And why do you want to know?"

"Bhaii obviously because I will accompany you. So I need to see if I'll be available or not."

"I am not taking you anywhere with me. Ghar pe raho tum chupchaap. Hamesha bas awaara giri."
I replied in a strict voice leaving no place for further arguments. 
(Stay at home only. You're always roaming around.)

"Fine." He replied with a slow voice. 

"Jyada sad mat ho. We'll go tomorrow. Pakka. Just like the old days."
I said ruffling his hair lightly, listening to which he gave me a full blown smile.
(Fine don't be sad.)

"Maa, I am going to the office. I'll be back soon."
Informing her I left. 

"So did you think about your marriage. Board is going to conduct a meeting soon.”