17

Pretty long chapter ahead.
4.6k words.
Happy reading.

•••

BHAGYA 

Sitting in the backyard of our house, I watched the squirrel jumping from here to there, playing with the dried leaves and mud. A cool gush of air passed through me, making me sigh in peace. 

Nature is the best healer always. Just sitting in a garden or a park while doing nothing gives so much calmness. 

I continued eating my chocolate ice cream while watching the setting sun change its colours into different hues while painting the sky and making her his completely. 

It's been almost two weeks since everything happened on Diwali night. I was so excited to celebrate diwali with everyone again, and I was happy throughout the day but how the day ended… It left me too stressed.

Dadu got discharged in 4 days and now he is recovering pretty fast and getting back to his old glow. I visited him once after he returned home and then I got busy with the upcoming wedding planning of my clients. Luckily, I found a new team of freshly graduated management students. Vaidehi, my assistant, did their interview before returning back to Mumbai and they are joining me soon. 

They're new to this field but I took a demo interview two days back and I kind of believe they can work pretty fine with me and they'll be able to manage the wedding stress. 

Along with my company, I've been going to  Papa’s office for the last 4-5 days. Annual investor meet is coming soon and unfortunately Bhai is out of the country too. A week ago he had to immediately travel to Chicago because of some emergency which no one actually knows about. He received a call and in the next moment he immediately left. 

He contacted us two days back saying how one of his friend is in some kind of problem and he needs to be there for some period of time. And so with the absence of bhai and upcoming investor meet, Papa's stress has increased tenfold. So I volunteered to attend meetings and help them for the given period of time. 

I still remember how during the initial days of my company, Papa used to train me for long hours through video calls, telling me every tiny to super important detail about making a startup successful. 

From midnight storytelling to midnight business lectures, I grew up. 

“Tu yahan bethi hai? Wahan andar tumhare papa ne pura sar ghar pe utha liya hai.” Maa said while taking a seat beside me. I giggled listening to her complaint. 
(You are here? Your father is causing chaos inside.)

“why? What happened?” 

“Nothing serious but you know how he starts behaving if you're not in front of his eyes for more than two minutes. Tere samne unhe apni biwi bhi nahi dikhai deti. ” Maa sighed,faking her sad news while showing her frustration but we both know that she is anything but sad or frustrated. 
(He literally ignores his own wife in front of you.)

“What will he do once I get married?”

Words flew out of my mouth even before I could realise and now I feel embarrassed. The one who never wanted to get married is suddenly talking about ‘what will happen after her marriage?’

Maa laughed at my flushed state and controlling her laugh she said,
“Badi jaldi hai aapko?” Maa questioned with a teasing look. 
(Eager much?)

“But I think he will manage. He will sulk for days just like he did when you left for Mumbai but then he'll accept the new changes too.” she continued talking while I silently nodded my head as a yes agreeing to her.