the concerns of politics

(berun November 1923)

"sir the committee leader is here to speak to you."

"send him in." 

"Yes mien chancellor."

a young man in his early 20s quickly entered the office however the stress of teh war was clearly taking it's toll on this man. This was perfect for Vogel he needed these committee leaders overworked so they would become desperate and heel to his every word.

"Ah welcome Dr Ludwig how goes your committee's efforts." 

"our efforts are quite difficult Herr chancellor." The man says with barely contained anger. Ludwig had founded the committee of public works. A group dedicated to helping the various families of the empires soldiers make it through life and provide for them. As a result  the committee handled a lot of farm land. 

"And may I ask why you and your committee are experiencing difficulties. I was under the impression your committee has more then enough food and other necessities stockpiled that families would be easily accommodated for at least 4 years."

"We did until your agriculture ministry paid us a visit informing us of a new law just passed that required our farms to provide for the army as well." 

"Yes that is correct." 

"I think you fail to see the complications of this problem Herr chancellor." He states standing up and walking over to a nearby map." The empire is massive and our distribution system depended on railroad lines which have been commandeered for the  war effort. It makes delivering our supplies to the people difficult but manageable. But this law will force my farmers to work overtime and while we obviously want to help teh war progress to a close. It doesn't excuse the high demand the law requires us to provide for the army." 

"I find it quite reasonable and so did many other senators Herr doctor." 

"REASONABLE IT DEMANDS WE HAND OVER 70% OF OUR PROFITS TO THE ARMY YOU DO REALIZE OUR PRIMARY GOAL IS TO PROVIDE FOR THE FAMILES OF THOSE SOLDIERS." he yells while slamming his hand on the desk in the room.

Standing up and getting annoyed with the old mans anger he quickly hit his desks buzzer summoning his guards." Herr doctor I don't think you know who your dealing with. I am the chancellor of the empire and may I remind you without a monarch or Reich president I am in charge."  He quickly flashes the doctor with a smug look. 

"YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LEAD THE FATHERLAND THAT RIGHT BELONGS TO THE EMPRESS NOT YOU." he yells however a pair of arms quickly grab him. 

'Hehe hahahaha you think I believe in a rumor the monarchist supporters have spread get real doctor our empress is gone I am our leader now and soon the fatherlands destiny will be fulfilled."

(2 months later).

"Felix what is this." Vogel inquires staring at the folder that had been plopped in front of him.

"It's the latest war report from the western front. Apparently General Halder's attack was a success and gained 6 miles of land."

"And this concerns me why?"

"Because a mage captain assigned to the attack lead 2 companies of mages successfully against 2 whole republic battalions and held out until reinforcements arrived and finished the job."

The chancellor was shocked no mage unit in the empire. Especially one that small should have such light losses against a foe that numerous and powerful." Who was the captain?"

'Captain Tanya Von Degurechauf sir."

"Show me a picture of her."

'Here you go sir."

"Why does she look so familiar to someone we have seen before." 

"I'm not sure sir maybe just one of those faces."

"No this is something else. Her gold hair demands attention and her eyes like they are piercing into you  to see if your lying or." He pauses. "No it can't be possible."

He quickly gets up and rushes to the other side of his office grabbing an old picture.

"Sir what is it." Felix asks with concern in his voice at the look of horror on the chancellor's face.

"Look at this." 

Glancing at the picture his boss was holding he saw exactly what his boss was so concerned about.

"She she is the the."

"The Kaiserin. Call our old friends I want her silenced now."

Unknown to the plotting politicians a mysterious person was listening to every word through her spy jewel. 

Thinking: SO Herr chancellor you think you will succeed a second time. My father may have been dealt with but I still live and I will protect our true leader and my friends superior.

AUTHORS NOTES:  Now we are getting into the good stuff I hope you all look forward to our next chapter and are enjoying this story.