Chapter 8: End: He's the first and the last

—Things don't always work out the way you wanted them to.

That's why, I want to ask you.

"Hey, do you think... We could do it too?"

You know how those old fairytale end the same way.

Do you think we could also.. live happily ever after?—

While writing the last chapter, the girl on the table lowered her head. Tears fell one after another.

With her blurry eyes, she saw the picture on the table.

This is probably the only picture of him that's on her possession.

She carries it gently.

There was an understanding that we would only have each other for a while.

But time never let you become mine for long.

And sad to say, the feeling haven't gone away.

I cried until my tears dried.. I cried all my regrets and grieves all out.

Paper plane; last chapter: "This fairytale we woven."

***

"This is not what we dreamed, if we are really for each other, we are really destined to the end."— Olivia Montero

****

All the memories we had have been plastered on my mind, wrapping and sealing themselves on my heart. Each of them built a house, floors creaking your name and windows whispering your troths.

At the back of the house, there grows a garden full of flowers you used to give me.

As time passes by, I designated my self as a caretaker. Patiently watering the plants, plucking the weeds that eats their vitality. Oh, Of course it was you who bring light in these deserted street called life.

I never known loneliness until I saw the lone streetlight. All I ever known  was you were there holding my hand under it.

Some visitors came by, knocking on my door asking if they could stay at the bunk. Some promised to stay for years but I declined.

I left the door lock each night and hid the welcome mat at the back each morning. I thought of closing the edge and wait for you to come back.

Years came by and I waited till the sunrise.  You can't come back, are you waiting for me at the other side?

But even so...  There's no hurry.

I won't sell the house. The house that contain the garden which full of flowers you gave, the attic which full of your autograph, the living room which full of our love momento, each of all which I adore.

I'll stay to where I was before you left, so you can see me at a glance when you come back.

Olivia phone rang for the second time, her brows knitted and text back; "I'm already here."

Then turn off the phone again.

She asked herself countless times, from when she was looking for aspiration to write, when she was currently doing a draft and when looking at t the sunset on the horizons.

But looking back....

"Maybe it's time to say goodbye."

With a pair of unhurried footsteps, Olivia walked towards the lively venue. There's no smile on her face, here eyes were slightly lowered.

“—Creak—”