EPILOGUE

One year...

Two years...

Three years..

Ten years...

Fifteen years...

Twenty years later.

An old woman sat on the reclining chair, holding a old book, looking dazedly from the hospital window. There's a dreamy smile on her lips, and her eyes full of unknown joy.

The weather's fine and the summer warmth brush against her wrinkled face.

A sudden knock on the door didn't bother her but just calmly answered, "come in."

Upon hearing the words, an old man that comes with a young man, opened the door.

"Hello, aunt. How are you?" His smile looks exactly like his father, Joshua, in his later years.

"Same as before." The old woman answered shortly. The young man, smile and put the fruits down on the table. He then sat besides her.

"Olivia." The old man Joshua, pat her shoulder.

Joshua marries and have a three kids. He have a successful career, family and love. But Olivia, didn't get married. She stays and waited like an idiot. He wanted to laugh everytime he thinks of it, but now that long time has passed, he couldn't laugh at all.

Half year ago, Olivia consulted and have a stomach cancer. Stupid girl, she didn't know how to take care of herself. She's thin but she's still beautiful. She's been weak and couldn't eat anything. However, she seems full of energy today.

"I'm here." Olivia smiles. This smile was more genuine than before. She leaned and waved her hand, causing the book to fall down. Joshua bend down to take it just to see the book and fell into strange silence; The book written for him.

Her eyes didn't left the window, as if looking to someone. Her smile becomes brighter.

"Joshua, I remember our highschool days..."

"Yes. If you get better, do you want to visit the school? There's a lot of things that change." Joshua stiffly answered. His voice was hoarse as if trying to hide the tremor behind it.

"Sure." She answered shortly, again l.

"Joshua."

"Yes."

"I'm going to sleep for a moment. Wake me up, alright?" Olivia blink her eyes and raised her hand to rub the young man's head, "Be obedient to your father, boy."

"Yes, I know."

Olivia closed her eyes feeling sleepy.  She felt contented. Having him is the greatest blessing she received from God. But she's like a greedy little cat and doesn't know how to stop. She did not get married. Having someone by her side feels like she's betraying him. She felt suffocated.

Everything's coming so fast. Joshua and everyone around her already have their own family. When she look on her reflection on the mirror, she suddenly realized that time fly so fast. She stayed still. She did not regret it. She will never regret it.

It just that, she looks old and ugly. Would Charles disdain her? Hope not. But if he does, she's going to give him a hard smack.

Still  thinking of pointless things, a peaceful smile appears on her lips. She seems heard someone's crying however she couldn't open her eyes she fell into darkness.

Joshua look away trying to stop himself form crying. But his youngest son whimpers make him feel worse. He wipe his tears away, and called the doctors.

She left them with contend smile.

They said some people are destined  in life. Some's love to separate and meet those they live but can never have. It's a game of destiny.

Maybe in another life both of them would be able to be together and live their life they weren't be able before.

Until then.... Their story will be remain blank and dots.

Until then...

She felt someone rub her head and heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, what take you so long?"

She answers, "Hello, I miss you."

End.

Authors notes: At first I decided to put the epilogue on chapter 8 which was already read by many of you. But then, at last, I decided to separate them together (⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

Thank you for reading paper plane, muah muah (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)⁠♥