Chapter 11

Author's pov

After a few hours of crying and self-blaming, Claude wanted to die now.

He wanted to go back in time and beat himself up for all the pain he caused Diana, including Athanasia for something she didn't do.

He thought he was a true scumbag and compared to his father, the Late Emperor of the Obelian Empire, he was trashier than him.

Poor foolish Emperor.

"She was right...I'm truly a coward..." Claude mumbled with his eyes all red and had terrible bangs underneath them.

He looked a lot worse when Diana died.

"To be honest, you did screw it up so bad" Claude spans his head around and sees his unlikely opponent who was none other than Diana's adoptive mother and his biggest hater.

Ingrid the She-Wolf Princess of Nordia.

Ingrid looks at the so-called cold-hearted Emperor who looks so terrible.

She raises one of her brows when Claude scoffs at her and looks away from her.

She's the last person he wants to see now.

"Why are you here for, Grand Princess of the North? Are you here to insult me or kill me?" Claude asked her bitterly while he still felt like shit.

Ingrid rolled her eyes before she crossed her arms.

"If I wanted you dead, I would've done the last five years ago. Unfortunately, you're a responsible ruler of your people which would be a shame to kill an annoying brat like you. Also, if Diana hated you this much, she would just tell me and I would straight up do it" Ingrid explains to Claude, even admitting that she would've killed him if Diana asked her.

She's so standard.

Mama Wolf.

Claude got more depressed when she said that Diana "hates" him. It hurt like hell to him that she would hate him than her death.

Diana was his light, the one and true love he ever experienced in his life, and the first person who made him feel so loved and he loved that person unconditionally.

Because of his fears and he didn't want to experience the pain anymore, he ultimately betrayed her and made her hate him.

"I said if she hates you. Gosh, you're such a simp. Listen here, you stupid brat. I'm not here to insult you or chop the thing you used for pleasure. Look, I know you're in pain and you want your shit to end but man up and face it. You're a goddamn emperor and man, so face it" Ingrid harshly said to him as trying to encourage him.

Claude looks at her with a disbelief expression before scoffing more.

"Face what?"-Claude

"Your mistakes and fear. I know that fate has never been fair to you from the moment you came to this world. And how do I know that? Well, your father was full of shit, and your stepmother was a bitch. Your poor mother was too sick to stand up for you and she was a beautiful girl with humble origins, your brother whom I think you had a close relationship before he became little shit, slept with your gold digger fianceé. Every immortal who lived longer than Obelia knows about it" Ingrid explains to him and everything she said was true.

He did have an unhappy childhood, he was neglected by his father, and physically abused by his stepmother, his mother was too sick to defend him, and his dear older brother whom he used to love became his bitter enemy.

And lastly, the girl who promised to be with him no matter what turned out to be just a lie and betrayed him as screwing with his brother.

"I don't blame you for your psychological issues either Diana who knows better too. But yet, you just cowardly blame your daughter for something she didn't do than fate itself? The same unfair and cruel fate who been screwing you over?" Ingrid asked him curiously, making Claude look at her in pure shock.