11

There was a Halloween event at the college, where students 21 and older would come and a few teachers just to make sure nothing illegal happened, everyone would bring a small dish and play games, or work on your school work (not a requirement just available for those that didn't want to participate). I was there, so was Amy, Sarah and chuck (they'd been together for years, and we're discussing marriage), then there was Xandred, and some of his friends. Everyone got a long pretty good, and I found myself attracted to Xandred. The issue came about from two things, one my sister recently moved out with my mom  (after days of my insisting I would be okay) to a special care facility, and two he acted like he was just as interested as I was. That made me wary because, if he was serious, he made sure I knew what he was thinking, always sliding flirtatious comments into the conversation that made me freeze and try gauging his sincerity. I was never sure so I took the easy route of snapping at him, or ignoring his comments all together in hopes that he would leave it. He never did, and I couldn't bring my self to tell him to stop in hopes that he did mean it.

I stayed in one of the study rooms most of the day finishing the weeks work, before going into the cafeteria to eat. When I got there I was surprised to see everyone else was already there, and was sitting in a half circle. The empty seats started to feel up rapidly, so I hurried to an empty seat next to Amy, which happened to be the very last on the semi-circle. When I sat down she look at me amused and said, "I don't know if you want to sit there cause this is the kissing game, and we both know who the other likes, and it ain't us," I was mildly surprised not because of the game, but usually it's done later in the night, as I looked around I realized that all but a few of the very laid back teachers had left. I smiled at her and responded, "precisely why I'm sitting here, we know what we like and it ain't each other, so I don't have to worry about you trying to suffocate me with your tongue," she laughed and nodded. After a few rounds of cheek or forehead kisses it was time for a seat change, Amy had already moved, so I stayed seated and waited for the new person to sit down. After they sat, I looked up from my phone to see the one and only Zandred. Huffing a sigh, I asked why he was there, and he smirked and said Amy asked him to switch. Snatching my glare from him I found her look unnecessarily interested with a painting we had both made fun of in the passed, for it's hideous rendition of Odesious. Again I huffed, that traitor, and returned my eyes to him, "can you move, please," trying the nice route I asked politely, to which he looked amused and responded, "no can do. Even if I wanted to, which I don't," he smirked, "the rounds already started," he pointed to Sarah and Chuck, who had conviently missed the seat switch, and were currently playing a loud game of tonsil hockey.

As it got closer to the end, and our turn, the event committee head stood suddenly, and announced they had forgotten the beginning note customizing, so the round paused and she got the coupled people to switch tablets, which had their introduction note on it. Each person was supposed to read the note and put an effect to the introduction, like in one of those fighting superhuman games.

When we switched, I briefly read the introduction, and found nothing Xandred hadn't already told me at some point, so I started scrolling through the effects until I found the one I wanted. It was a hellish type one where the note would crack like rock reveling a volcanic light, the brightness was all the way up, but when I brought it down you could see a child demon boy on the side which you could also customize. I gave him a smile that seemed like he just told a joke, but I gave him slightly sad eyes because I had realized a while back that when Zandred had zoned out, he'd get a kind of somber look that made me want to do something stupid to make him laugh cause when he really laughed his eyes seemed to shine. Stopping that thought, I raised the brightness just enough to where you could barely see the boy, and if you looked hard enough you could just make out his smile. When I handed it back to Zan he gave a small smile and a shake of his head, something passed in his eyes, but was gone before I could figure it out.