World War II HeartBreak

Backstory:
It's 1943 and Joe has been sent to fight in the war, breaking Natasha's heart, so her friend, Izzie moves in to help Natasha with everything. However, everything goes down hill, when Natasha receives a letter...

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Tears stream down Natasha's face as she sees the train pull up to the Glasgow Central Train Station. Reality set in as she realises she may never see her husband again.
"Joe, please don't go. What if you die." Natasha pleads through her uncontrollable sobs.

"Tash, darling," He cups her tear soaked cheeks in his hand and places a soft kiss on her lips, "I'll be fine, I promise."
"Don't promise something you can't control." She sniffs.

"I can promise you, I will be back. Don't fret, you will stress yourself out and it could hurt the baby." He reassures, placing his hand on the side of her small baby bump. She places her hand on top of his and leans forward until their foreheads touch, "I don't want her to grow up, not knowing her father though. Please, don't go."

She starts to sob uncontrollably again. Joe grabs Natasha by the shoulders and pulls her into a hug. Her tears soak through his uniform. He breaks away from the hug, placing his hands back on her shoulders, meeting her eyes with his twinkling gaze.

"I promise you, with all my heart, that our wee little 'un will not grow up without knowing her father. I'll be back before you know it." He smiles, "The train is here now, I'll promise to write to you as much as I can but for now it's goodbye, and I love you forever."
"Goodbye Joe, I love you forever too, please come back." She sniffs, as he leans down to for one lass bittersweet goodbye kiss.

He takes one more look at Natasha, before jumping on the train. She looks at the window with tears in her eyes as the train drives away.
"It's just be and you now, lass, aye." She sighs, placing her hand on her bump.

Days turned to weeks which then turned to months, and Natasha was now anxiously preparing for the baby, with help from her friend, Izzie, who had moved in, but worried as she had not heard from Joe. Until one fateful day.

Natasha's just woke up to her friend Izzie, greeting her with breakfast. Food was scarce so all she had was a couple of slices of toast.
"Thank you, Izzie." Natasha smiles, weakly, taking a bite out of her toast.
"Are you alright." questions Izzie.

"Hm, oh yes. I'm just worried for Joe. He said he would write and he hasn't. What if he's dead?" She bursts out into uncontrollable tears. Izzie pulls Natasha into a hug.

"It's alright, Nata-" Izzie tries to say to calm her friend down, but gets interrupted by a knock on the door.
"I'll go get it. You stay here, you need to rest." Izzie breaks away from the hug and walks to the door. She opens it to be greeted with a sorrow-looking man.
"Mrs Raskin Sharp." He asks.
"No, Mrs Raskin Sharp is in the kitchen." Izzie says.

"Can you go get her, please?" He asks, kindly.
"Natasha?" She shouts through.

"Yes?" Natasha shouts back.
"Someone is here for you and he sounds serious."

"What?" She whispers to herself. Confused, she gets up reluctantly and waddles to the door, as her pregnancy had slowed her down.

"Mrs Raskin Sharp?" He repeats.
"Yes? May I ask what this is about?" Natasha enquiries.
"Telegram, Ma'am." He bows his head.
"Telegram? What about?" She questions, looking worried.
"Your husband, ma'am. He's missing in action and they can't find him. This letter will explain everything. I'm so sorry, ma'am."

Natasha bursts into uncontrollable tears again, pulling Izzie back into a hug and soaking Izzie's shoulder in tears.

"I'll take that." Izzie stretches out her free hand and takes the envelope from the man, "Thank you."
The man bows his head again and walks away and Izzie's closes the door, still hugging Natasha with one arm.